The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The IRS are like that to everyone, they're equal-opportunity b*stards.

Obviously dog fur is a great trap for virus, but dogs themselves don't seem to be particularly good hosts - I've seen a paper somewhere that suggests the structure of the receptor in cats and ferrets means they could be hosts for this virus, but dogs and other pets probably aren't.

Doing a bit of googling to see If I could find the story I vaguely remembered and it seems your correct that dogs dont seem to be good hosts as the article talks of a "weak postive"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-to-kiss-pets-after-dog-contracts-coronavirus

I dont do social media but I bet its full of this kind of thing

I dont do twitter or facebook just whatsapp as a messenger form and its handy for group chats like family and rugby club where I coach ect..

BUt yes It is allfull of stuff like that.

I accidentally opened my FB up last week and it is so toxic there right now, problem is people become so wound up with mis information. That alone doesn't help.. Cannot be good for peoples mental mind to be sat in doors and have all that negativity and all sorts of nonsense on there winding you up into a frenzy..

Since my Dad dropped dead and my marriage died shortly after I haev sufferef with anxiety, something I can actually control very well herbal tea and all that meditation.. however in times like this it does peak a bit and looking at that **** would send me overboard!!!!!!

It is why I think it is important to get some fresh air though, IF they decided to punish everyone and lock us in our own homes I cannot promise I will stick to not getting some fresh air every day away from the same few walls I am working from.

They're being very precise about him not needing a ventilator, they seem to have carefully left open the possibility that he's on a CPAP machine, an intermediate stage between a basic oxygen mask and a full ventilator.

They do this all the time and unless you pick apart what they're saying they can get away with it because they're not technically lying

It is why I think it is important to get some fresh air though, IF they decided to punish everyone and lock us in our own homes I cannot promise I will stick to not getting some fresh air every day away from the same few walls I am working from.

Your not the only one. Lots of people/charites/experts are warning of the toll on metal health of the lockdown (as well as the increase in things like domestic abuse). I can imagine many people would just ignore a total lock down for the sake of their own sanity. Im fortunate in that Im a keyworker and my job is 15 miles away so I can have a nice cycle plus my job necessitates being out and about so I've got a valid excuse

My sister in law works in a care home. They've been told that any resident who might have it, not to inform or send them to hospital. 4 have died in last 48 hours. Some of these are as young as late 50s as they have things like dementia or Parkinsons. Grim times.

Anyone else desperate for a bloody haircut:laugh8:
I’m the person who always leaves it too long (close to three years as a student for example), and was just on the cusp of going to get it cut when the lockdown was announced. I dread to think how long it will be when I finally get it cut (and how much I will need to tip to not feel guilty paying the normal men’s cut when it takes at least twice as long to cut).

Anyone else desperate for a bloody haircut:laugh8:
Ha, ha! My teenage son was brave enough to let me cut his last night. Clippers back and sides and scissors for the rest. I didn't let on i've never done it before. There's trust for you, or naivety wink...

I'm going to let our 8 year old cut my hair with clippers; if it all goes horribly wrong I can shave it all off and it will have grown back to a respectable length by the time we're out of lock down. :laugh8:

You could have a flick through this while you wait for it to grow back. :laugh8:

1586274515461.png

What is making me slightly optimistic is that Spain and Italy seem to be seeing a fall in deaths and new cases which hopefully means that the lockdowns can have an effect.

Still pretty grim reading but you have to take what you can get for optimism at the moment.

Are these the day they are confirmed as covid 19 deaths? Couple of interesting articles on BBC and Guardian talking about the issues with the stats not actually being that helpful in understanding the trends and patterns as some cases could be from people who died several days ago. There could be backlogs which prevent these from being confirmed until later on.

Are these the day they are confirmed as covid 19 deaths? Couple of interesting articles on BBC and Guardian talking about the issues with the stats not actually being that helpful in understanding the trends and patterns as some cases could be from people who died several days ago. There could be backlogs which prevent these from being confirmed until later on.
As I understand it the figures given daily are deaths in hospital for the UK but even then their cam be some delays between when it occurs and when it is reported, which certainly distorts the figures and makes trends difficult.

The other issue seems to be a long delay between deaths outside of hospital i,e, in care homes and them being included in the national figure. Hence Im not sure of the spike is a result of several days of non hospital deaths being included. But yes I saw the article in the Guardian, and to quote it:

“Every day we get one big figure for deaths occurring in the UK. Everyone jumps on this number, taking it to be the latest toll. However NHS England figures – which currently make up the bulk of UK deaths – in fact reflect the day on which the death was reported, not the actual date of death, which is usually days, sometimes weeks, before it appears in the figures.”

Coronavirus UK death toll: why what we think we know is wrong

China reported no coronavirus deaths on Tuesday, the first time since it started publishing daily figures in January.

The National Health Commission said it had 32 confirmed cases, down from 39 on Monday.

It comes as the government is under scrutiny as to whether it is underreporting its figures.

The government says more than 3,331 people have died and 81,740 have been confirmed as infected.

All of the confirmed cases on Tuesday had arrived from overseas.

China is concerned a second wave of infections could be brought in by foreign arrivals.

It has already shut its border to foreigners including those with visas or residence permits.

International flights have been reduced with both Chinese and foreign airlines only allowed to operate one international flight a week. Flights must not be more than 75% full.

On Wednesday, Wuhan is set to allow people to leave the city for the first time since the lockdown began in January.

Officials say anyone who has a "green" code on a widely used smartphone health app will be allowed to leave the city.

Some people in "epidemic-free" residential compounds have already been allowed to leave their homes for two hours.

But Wuhan officials revoked the "epidemic-free" status in 45 compounds because of the emergence of asymptomatic cases and for other unspecified reasons.

Asymptomatic refers to someone who is carrying the virus but experiencing no symptoms.

China began reporting asymptomatic cases at the beginning of April.

More than 1,033 asymptomatic patients are under medical observation.

Hitting back at claims China was too slow to raise the alarm, the country's state media have published what they describe as a detailed timeline of its response and information sharing.

BBC News.

Latest posts

Back