The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A £480 fine for first offence £960 if he does it again if that doesn't stop him nothing will.

I think its harsh the father gets fined they should give the little s**t unpaid work to the value of the fine when this is over.

Coronavirus: Walsall dad fined for son flouting lockdown

A father has been fined by police after his son persistently flouted the coronavirus lockdown rules.

The boy had been out three times in the Blakenall area of Walsall in the West Midlands before a police warning was issued to his father.

But as the father was unable to prevent his son leaving the house for a fourth time, West Midlands Police said it had "no option" but to issue a fine.

The force said the boy was also abusive to an officer on one occasion.

If he is found outdoors again the fine could be doubled and reach a total of £960, officers said.

"On at least three occasions [the boy] was with other youths and on one occasion he was abusive to the officer who tried to speak to him as he ran away," Sgt Stephen Pursglove, of Walsall Police, said.

"His father was spoken to and the regulations - the reason for them and the risks to all of us, especially the elderly and those with underlying health conditions - were fully explained to him."

Sgt Pursglove that following the talk, the boy went out to meet with people who were not family members, which led to police issuing the fine.

He added: "While the vast majority are doing as they are asked, it is a pity we now have to put ourselves at risk dealing with those who do not."

BBC News.

Obviously dog fur is a great trap for virus, but dogs themselves don't seem to be particularly good hosts - I've seen a paper somewhere that suggests the structure of the receptor in cats and ferrets means they could be hosts for this virus, but dogs and other pets probably aren't.

Here we go, with the caveat that it's a preprint that hasn't been peer-reviewed yet : https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.015347v1.full.pdf

We found that SARS-CoV-2 replicates poorly in dogs, pigs, chickens, and ducks, but efficiently in ferrets and cats. We found that the virus transmits in cats via respiratory droplets. Our study provides important insights into the animal reservoirs of SARS-CoV-2 and animal management for COVID-19 control.

gggggggg.jpg

Grim as it is I think todays toll was always going to be higher due to lack of reporting from the weekend whereas yesterday was by comparison much lower as a result.

France have reported 1417 today , that is truely horrific

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside Mr Cuffe's talents, as BBC Heads of Statistics, are wasted on writing this stuff, which anyone who has a GCSE in Basic Mathematics could have determined. This man apparently has a 'PhD in Medical Statistics at Oxford University, specializing in infectious diseases and epidemiology'. So now you know where some of your licence fee goes. Still perhaps he is solely responsible for producing all the charts and statistics that now seem to adorn every the online BBC News article. Nicely paid job for life anyone?

Gallon water bottle that is. Cut to oblivion. For shame.

I just bought 2 of them to make Tea Wine with.

That woman with the red sleeves is loving that paper bag person isn’t she lol. She looks like she’s trying real hard not to laugh

If anyone is isolated and on their own, suffering with lack of contact from family/friends etc. A few tips below. I was used to it for twenty odd years (I used to be a submariner) Two or three weeks was a walk in the park, I was used to two or three months.

Routine is key. Set an alarm. Don't let your standards slip, so shower/bathe every day, shave etc every morning. Take your time.
Launder clothes and iron them.

Take time considering what to eat. Take time cooking it. Take time eating it and take time cleaning up afterwards.

Don't become fixated on the news, once a day catch up is enough.

Read that book you always wanted to.

Listen to them old cds/vinyl/cassettes that you haven't done for a long time.

What better time than to learn a bit of a foreign language. Likewise, take up them hobbies again that you've let slip, or take up a new one.

Give one room of house/flat a good deep clean once a week and rotate rooms. Everywhere else, hoover/dust daily as required.

Exercise if possible.

Try to limit netflix/TV/prime video etc for after your evening meal. Don't become a couch spud.

If busy during the daytime, the evenings will look after themselves. The days soon turn into weeks.

Something as a submariner we couldn't do, but contact as many people as you can every day. Phone/text/email etc. Checking up on people makes them feel better and will make you feel better too.

Was chatting to my mum earlier shes just retired from nursing her entire life but she says she is hearing some really worrying things from her work colleagues and friends

One is a health visitor.. just a health visitor now being asked to work in Special care baby unit.. with no training, Another friend of hers is now told to work on critical care and has been given 1 day training for something which requres 2 years trainng, the woman is terrified as she says she out of her dept and its frankly dangerous. Loads of the staff going off sick as they are worried they might have something just incase..

My Ex says (shes a band 7 sister) she had to send a load of her staff home as it was decided they would be too risky.. then there wasnt enough care workers so she had to call tehm all back..

They really need to get testing more on these so that anyone who thinks they may have something can be tested to see if they are okay, putting untrained people on critical care and telling them they will lose their jobs if they don't do it is not good

May I point out that ~2,500 people in the UK die every day? From that baseline, you may draw some useful conclusions.

Good point Slid, are they listing the underlying problems or are they saying all deaths are now due to Covid-19?

She also said BJ having 4 Litres of Oxygen is a babies breath it is way far away a requirement for ICU so either he is getting an over cautious pref treatment or he is conisiderably worse than the media are letting on.

Back