The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone missing the footie, you can still watch the Belarus league as they're still playing ashock1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world...y-are-football-teams-in-belarus-still-playing
Coronavirus: Why are football teams in Belarus still playing?
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has resisted calls for a nationwide lockdown, calling fears of the coronavirus epidemic "psychosis" and suggesting vodka or a sauna would help.
So as football leagues across Europe have shut down for safety, teams in Belarus are playing on. The country’s little-known league is now surging in popularity worldwide as match-hungry football fans tune in for live coverage

Coronavirus: UK confirms plan for its own contact tracing app (this is not going to be compulsory)

The UK has confirmed plans for an app that will warn users if they have recently been in close proximity to someone suspected to have be infected by the coronavirus.

The health secretary Matt Hancock announced the move at the government's daily pandemic press briefing.

He said the NHS was "working closely with the world's leading tech companies" on the initiative.

But one expert who has advised the effort has raised doubts about it.

The BBC has learned that NHSX - the health service's digital innovation unit - will test a pre-release version of the software with families at a secure location in the North of England next week.

At present, the idea is that people who have self-diagnosed as having coronavirus will be able to declare their status in the app.

The software will then send the equivalent of a yellow alert to any other users who they have recently been close to for an extended period of time.

If a medical test confirms that the original user is indeed infected, then a stronger warning - effectively a red alert - will be sent instead, signalling that the other users should go into quarantine.

To report testing positive, the user would have to enter a verification code, which they would have received alongside their Covid-19 status.

Full and long article - UK confirms plan for coronavirus contact tracing app

tttttttt.jpg

Wonder how many of the talented NHS staff that saved our glorious leader are getting kicked out of the UK because of Brexit.
There is a valid point in here but tensions are high, ,people that were in the “go home” bracket are now essential.
It’s a tough time and all politics are up in the air. I usually oppose everything Tory but I thought Boris done the right thing by closing the schools (albeit a week too late) and Actually felt sorry for him for a moment.
It’s a no win all round and as long as we don’t bow down to the worldly/uk greed and don’t lift the lockdown too soon we will be doing all we can.
Left or right doesn’t matter just now.
Greed must take a back seat.
Cheers

Coronavirus: UK confirms plan for its own contact tracing app (this is not going to be compulsory)

The UK has confirmed plans for an app that will warn users if they have recently been in close proximity to someone suspected to have be infected by the coronavirus.

The health secretary Matt Hancock announced the move at the government's daily pandemic press briefing.

He said the NHS was "working closely with the world's leading tech companies" on the initiative.

The BBC has learned that NHSX - the health service's digital innovation unit - will test a pre-release version of the software with families at a secure location in the North of England next week.

At present, the idea is that people who have self-diagnosed as having coronavirus will be able to declare their status in the app.

The software will then send the equivalent of a yellow alert to any other users who they have recently been close to for an extended period of time.

If a medical test confirms that the original user is indeed infected, then a stronger warning - effectively a red alert - will be sent instead, signalling that the other users should go into quarantine.

To report testing positive, the user would have to enter a verification code, which they would have received alongside their Covid-19 status.

tttttttt.jpg

whilst this is a good idea where it will fall down, like the lockdown, noone is making us do it. It's voluntary.

Dressed up as a bunny this morning and delivered eggs to all the children in my area. (Part of my daily exercise). One thing that as really hit home the past few weeks- it's nice to be nice!
Were the eggs sanitised before being handed out - are you magically not a possible vector for infection? Really not trying to **** on any fires but there are some people going around here posting pamphets and bars of chocolate, putting them in plastic ring-binder things which actually makes the life-cycle of covid about 20 times longer than just paper. They're trying to be nice but it's non-essential and irresponsible.

Yes, I'm that guy in the zombie films. The one that says "If you go out that door you're not coming back." and the later says "If you open that door to them I will shoot you in the face."

Last edited:
Dressed up as a bunny this morning and delivered eggs to all the children in my area. (Part of my daily exercise). One thing that as really hit home the past few weeks- it's nice to be nice!
I dressed up as Batman this morning, and got the good lady to.... Sorry, wrong forum. :laugh8:

Were the eggs sanitised before being handed out - are you magically not a possible vector for infection? Really not trying to **** on any fires but there are some people going around here posting pamphets and bars of chocolate, putting them in plastic ring-binder things which actually makes the life-cycle of covid about 20 times longer than just paper. They're trying to be nice but it's non-essential and irresponsible.

Yes, I'm that guy in the zombie films. The one that says "If you go out that door you're not coming back." and the later says "If you open that door to them I will shoot you in the face."
Yes there were. They were made in my wife's factories under strict h&s governance. Packaged on sight in a sterile environment. They will placed on sterile bags with sealed rubber gloves attached. Alongside instructions for the patent to use the gloves to open the package with the gloves and dispose of all packaging outside of the house. I also mentioned that they should follow they usual sterilisation process.

All safe and well until tomorrow when the milk drops the milk off, the butcher brings around the bacon for the mid morning sandwiches, the postie brings more bills and aunty June calls round to make sure everyone is safe and well. 😷

tttttttt.jpg
Spend the time and energy on testing people.

Yes there were. They were made in my wife's factories under strict h&s governance. Packaged on sight in a sterile environment. They will placed on sterile bags with sealed rubber gloves attached. Alongside instructions for the patent to use the gloves to open the package with the gloves and dispose of all packaging outside of the house. I also mentioned that they should follow they usual sterilisation process.
I don't even know if you're joking or not, not sure if that's a sign of the times or because I've had too many beers...

Okay, not letting this go.
I have had enough of the idiots that can't follow a few simple laws. I have bitten my tongue long enough and every person I see ignoring is having some verbal/written abuse. So many people out and about visiting family for the sake of a 50p chocolate egg. Twats

Let's say somebody linked to a news article called "Local Man Decides to play Easter Bunny Amid Corona Lockdown." and it described what you'd done.

You would get called all the f*ckers under the sun by people on here and by the looks of it even by yourself. I don't expect any likes or whatever on this or my previous post because it's good to maintain a community and nobody wants to put their hand up to agree with being, well let's not say nasty, but saying that somebody needs to think about what they'd done.

My ethos is own it or own up to it.

My best homebrewing and drinking buddy and I could put it off no longer. We conducted a scotch tasting out front of my house today. We sat on bar stools 10+ feet apart (me on the front porch). We each provided our own tasting glasses and water. I provided and poured the scotches, after he set his glasses on the same table as the bottles, about half way between us.

Over the course of several hours we tasted 8 of these 10 SMWS bottlings. The clear favorite was Chestnuts in a peat kiln, with the 25 year old bottle at the far right a close second.

93128949_10219658664350283_28376900464279552_o.jpg

92844427_10219658661510212_2862875597212745728_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well Stevein us
If i had that many bottles of single malt i dont think i would be worried about "Da virus"anywhay.

Seriously take care mate and hope to see you back in Scotland soonathumb..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back