The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe but there are A LOT of people about including lots of people relaxing on London's green spaces. They defiantly wern't stocking up

They have stats from google maps that shows more and more people are now travelling i see it myself its much busier than it was when lockdown started.

They have stats from google maps that shows more and more people are now travelling i see it myself its much busier than it was when lockdown started.

Loads of people about. I had to yell at two pensioners that I was 'on coming' as they were walking in the bike path because they didn't want to walk in the (parallel to the bike path) pedestrian path because of all the other pedestrians walking along it

Loads of people about. I had to yell at two pensioners that I was 'on coming' as they were walking in the bike path because they didn't want to walk in the (parallel to the bike path) pedestrian path because of all the other pedestrians walking along it
☹ thats why I....

My work is back on I have to wear a mask when I go onto the shop floor glvoes optional although I think it depends but ill dispose of them before returning back to desk ot better before I reenter my building, social distancing has been put in place toilets are a headache as only one person allowed in ata time with a vacant occupied swipe on teh front but we already had a toilet closed for a day when someone left it occupied for a whole day with only 4 people in the building instead of 100.. every room has a trolley full of ppe gear sanitisers and wipes for desks and such.. in IT we get equpiment back so we need to clear it all down.. between the desks perspect dividers are going in every week each desk will have a mister. From what I hear office staff will be on rota for WFH and working in offices to geet volumes spread out.

THis will be the norm for a bit I think for a lot of companies for the time being until we find a better way to with vaccinate or cohabit with this diesease somehow.

There are more cars on the road because a lot more businesses are opening back up. Photos of hundreds of cara queuing for kfc is the norm now.
A lot of the hype about the lockdown ending is the media. Boris as to give an announcement on Sunday because it's 3 weeks since the last extension.
Most who are ignoring it now have been ignoring from the beginning. In Wales we are still a few weeks behind England in my opinion. My thoughts were we would stay in lockdown whilst England would ease measures, but that idiot Drakeford said he would do it the same time. I have done more laps of my garden since lockdown than people have been tested in Wales.

I haven't read the article but all viruses mutate it's what they do. Apparently they have found hundreds of versions of itself. Mutating isn't a bad thing, it may weaken itself.
Yes I think thats a bit of a scaremongering article from the title , all virii mutaes and COVID is a slow mutater and often the mutation will leave very close pattern.

IF this virus is not going away for the time being I dont expect life to be as it was in January and I dont expect all barriers lifted monday.. BUT staying indoors until september isn;t going to make a lot of difference.

I am pinning my hopes more on we find a way to coexist in that we find better medicines to block suppress and treat whilst we build up better immunity to it and deal with it more seasonally ect. A Vaccine however would be great.

The one thing about I dont get and im not baiting here this is a genuine question the notion schools should remain closed until september not even saying I disagree but people feirce about that.. what the their thinking behind it.. do theyu think its going to be all okay by then? are they pinning hopes the virus has gone or we have better control of medicine? not playing devils advocate here I just wonder

I haven't read the article but all viruses mutate it's what they do. Apparently they have found hundreds of versions of itself. Mutating isn't a bad thing, it may weaken itself.

Tbh, I dont know a lot about this but dont the weaker versions die off and the stronger ones survive - i.e. darwinism?

I see the media are talking up the likely slackening of the current UK lockdown from next week. Sadly I can see that Joe Public will hastily and joyously reach the conclusion that end of lockdown equals no more Covid-19 and so things will be back to what was previously 'normal'. Sadly Covid-19 and possible sons and daughters of Covid-19 are here to stay until a 'cure' is found. So if your card is marked through age, gender, ethnicity, 'underlying health issues' or maybe circumstance, nothing has really changed and infections and deaths will continue, and should the NHS be overwhelmed things will get worse. PPE, face masks, social distancing etc only suppress the rate of infections, but does not stop them.

I see the media are talking up the likely slackening of the current UK lockdown from next week. Sadly I can see that Joe Public will hastily and joyously reach the conclusion that end of lockdown equals no more Covid-19 and so things will be back to what was previously 'normal'. Sadly Covid-19 and possible sons and daughters of Covid-19 are here to stay until a 'cure' is found. So if your card is marked through age, gender, ethnicity, 'underlying health issues' or maybe circumstance, nothing has really changed and infections and deaths will continue, and should the NHS be overwhelmed things will get worse. PPE, face masks, social distancing etc only suppress the rate of infections, but does not stop them.

Spot on terry. I fully expect a huge second wave at some point

I read somewhere that swiss research suggests younger children dont have the receptors for covid19 to latch on to than thus aren't affected? If that is the case they could start those classes back up. I don't however hear of any other countries believing this to be the case.

I read somewhere that swiss research suggests younger children dont have the receptors for covid19 to latch on to than thus aren't affected? If that is the case they could start those classes back up. I don't however hear of any other countries believing this to be the case.
Our PM is sending his daughters back to school next week. It is a state decision here some states will go ahead with a return to school, others won't. Teachers union is pretty strong so I think they will make the final decision.

Our PM is sending his daughters back to school next week. It is a state decision here some states will go ahead with a return to school, others won't. Teachers union is pretty strong so I think they will make the final decision.

Reminds me of when John Gummer fed his 4 yr old daughter a beef burger on camera during the CJD crisis

Back