The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some companies don't give a toss about heir workers and this company is only an hours drive from me and probably the highest I've seen reported in the whole of NI.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/ni-meat-factory-workers-demand-18260226

On that note I returned to work last night to find that they have enforced a self check/awareness declaration you must fill out like a questionnaire citing
You had not left the country In X days.
You've had no symptoms
Been in contact with anyone none to have C19
And I can't mind the other, but regardless a score or 4 is green so proceed to work and 3 or less and its proceed to security and get out of here.
They have given out barcodes to all where you log on through the company website and fill it out prior to to even entering the thermal imaging tent. Big big focus on employees and management who all take their turns on manning the scanners with security..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200516_112616_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200516_112616_com.android.chrome.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 46
I went to Tesco yesterday with my lad (he went in the store) i sat watching the queue pass and 80% didn't have masks on so why do the other 20% wear them i think the government need to get the message out in a stronger way that masks do not stop you getting C19 they stop you spreading it unless it is a surgical mask which the general public shouldn't buy as key workers need them.

I know i am repeating myself but its really doing my head in.

I went to Tesco yesterday with my lad (he went in the store) i sat watching the queue pass and 80% didn't have masks on so why do the other 20% wear them i think the government need to get the message out in a stronger way that masks do not stop you getting C19 they stop you spreading it unless it is a surgical mask which the general public shouldn't buy as key workers need them.

We're all in the same boat. I was in our local Tescos on Wednesday and they have clearly marked directional arrows on the floor for one-way. I pointed out to a woman she was going the wrong way and she ignored me but there was a member of staff behind who also pointed out that she was going the wrong direction and then claimed she didn't see the arrows.
30 seconds later in the same store a supervisor and floor worker were having a discussion about a foot apart and when I mentioned social distancing the supervisor just ignored me. Am I invisible or are they the invincibles.... B@#[@|&s....

I know it's not exactly the same virus but I saw a website wereby the ebola virus (size of molecules) was 'tested' against various home made masks. The conclusion was that it does stop some virus particles (up to around 40% iirc) depending on what the mask was made out of. Heavy denim scored well as well as kitchen towel.

Masks are hot and uncomfortable to wear, unless you make wearing them mandatory for example on public transport or in Supermarket you will not get much in the way of uptake. As has being mentioned they won‘t prevent you personally getting it, but they can help reduce the risk of you transmitting it to others, but for it to have an impact you would surely need near universal take up hence the approach of a lot of continental Europe in making it mandator.

for it to have an impact you would surely need near universal take up hence the approach of a lot of continental Europe in making it mandator.

They should make it mandatory here for public transport, supermarkets and other places where people are close to each other .

They should make it mandatory here for public transport, supermarkets and other places where people are close to each other .

Given the look on SWMBO face when I just told her the Bundesliga was going on the telly this afternoon, women should wear them indoors as well :laugh8:

Todays morons -

1589644502798.png

Yorkshire Dales wild campers issued with COVID-19 fines

Police are warning people not to go camping in the Yorkshire Dales after a group were issued with COVID-19 fixed penalty notices on Friday (15 May) night.

Officers were called to the smelt mill ruins near Surrender Bridge – off the Langthwaite and Feetham road – at 8.30pm.

A local resident reported that five tents had been pitched and a fire had been lit close to the ruins.

On arrival officers spoke to four men and four women aged in their mid-20s. They had travelled from West Yorkshire and were from six different households.

They were reported for offences which breach the current regulations.

As they had been drinking they had had to remain there overnight, but they did pack up their belongings and put the fire out in order to depart the area and return home first thing on Saturday.

Officers also moved a campervan on from the location which is believed to have travelled from Teesside.

Inspector Mark Gee, of the Richmondshire Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This was a clear breach of the regulations. Leaving your home address to camp overnight is not allowed.

“I appeal to people to show respect for the communities in the Yorkshire Dales, and for those visiting the area to only do so for reasons allowed under the current laws.

“If you are unsure of the law, please consult the Government website – www.gov.uk – and check if your travel and visit is going to be lawful before setting off.

“I appreciate it is a confusing time but ignorance is no excuse in law – you need to cover yourself.”

Latest posts

Back