The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there's more :roll:

The Mail
@NWEMlive

"Having a super meeting in the Lakes is NOT essential travel"

1589644870491.png

Todays morons -

View attachment 26075

Yorkshire Dales wild campers issued with COVID-19 fines

Police are warning people not to go camping in the Yorkshire Dales after a group were issued with COVID-19 fixed penalty notices on Friday (15 May) night.

Officers were called to the smelt mill ruins near Surrender Bridge – off the Langthwaite and Feetham road – at 8.30pm.

A local resident reported that five tents had been pitched and a fire had been lit close to the ruins.

On arrival officers spoke to four men and four women aged in their mid-20s. They had travelled from West Yorkshire and were from six different households.

They were reported for offences which breach the current regulations.

As they had been drinking they had had to remain there overnight, but they did pack up their belongings and put the fire out in order to depart the area and return home first thing on Saturday.

Officers also moved a campervan on from the location which is believed to have travelled from Teesside.

Inspector Mark Gee, of the Richmondshire Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This was a clear breach of the regulations. Leaving your home address to camp overnight is not allowed.

“I appeal to people to show respect for the communities in the Yorkshire Dales, and for those visiting the area to only do so for reasons allowed under the current laws.

“If you are unsure of the law, please consult the Government website – www.gov.uk – and check if your travel and visit is going to be lawful before setting off.

“I appreciate it is a confusing time but ignorance is no excuse in law – you need to cover yourself.”

The (online) papers are full of this kind of thing to day and various beauty area's/tourist area's of England pleading for people to stay away - all of which will of course be ignored

The (online) papers are full of this kind of thing to day and various beauty area's/tourist area's of England pleading for people to stay away - all of which will of course be ignored

I can understand walkers coming to the lakes for a day trip but i don't get why anyone else would visit nothing is open including public toilets and car parks.

This is the reason I'm terrified of getting ill with c-19 as a blood clot may not kill you but severely incapacitate you e.g. stroke

Not just stroke - there seem to be significant numbers ending up with long-term problems with kidneys, lungs etc - and also some are apparently ending up with some kind of long-term viral fatigue, including a prof at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.

Not just stroke - there seem to be significant numbers ending up with long-term problems with kidneys, lungs etc - and also some are apparently ending up with some kind of long-term viral fatigue, including a prof at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.

Exactly! none of which I fancy ending up with. This is the thing about all the people who are blase about C-19/social distancing/ breaking the lockdown guidlines. The media reports deaths but all the non fatal complications are really covered much. People think they'll either get it and recover (like seasonal flu), be asymptomatic or if they're really unlucky die. Many dont realized they may be debilitated for life

A report on 5 live is saying anti lockdown protesters are out on the streets of London you could hear them in the background shouting fashists and police state, one phoned in and said the virus is not as bad as they are telling us its a means of controlling us we are becoming a police state, he also said he would rather die on his feet from the virus than live in fear of the government, I fear there isn't enough tin foil in the world to make that rsole a hat.

A report on 5 live is saying anti lockdown protesters are out on the streets of London you could hear them in the background shouting fashists and police state, one phoned in and said the virus is not as bad as they are telling us its a means of controlling us we are becoming a police state, he also said he would rather die on his feet from the virus than live in fear of the government, I fear there isn't enough tin foil in the world to make that rsole a hat.

Lol what a total ******* idiot.

Maybe he watched V for Vendetta a few too many times (or read it) or maybe the other one

I think I read there's only about a dozen of them. The police should kettle them for a while then let them go home. Then there wont be so many anti-lockdown protesters :laugh8:

Thanks M I've checked now and its not on Free view.

I pay £8 a month for OTTTV.
It's everything, Sky full package, BT full package, UK and USA TV, PPVs, Netflix, Prime, Freeview, the lot.
For me it's an app that downloads onto a firestick, but it can download onto android boxes as well.

I pay £8 a month for OTTTV.
It's everything, Sky full package, BT full package, UK and USA TV, PPVs, Netflix, Prime, Freeview, the lot.
For me it's an app that downloads onto a firestick, but it can download onto android boxes as well.

Oo! what's OTTTV stand for. I have a client who is always spending way more than he can afford on sky/Virgin TV

Over The Top T V
It's not difficult to use, it's just an app which I pay for once a month via paypal.
Only slightly time consuming thing is installing it onto a firestick.
I don't have any issues at all with it, but it does require a good home internet service as it's obviously a streaming service.
If anyone wants me to take pics of the app in action, what it displays, I can do so.

https://tvboxbee.com/how-to-install-over-the-top-tv-addon-on-kodi/

Back