The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had it myself going as far back to the old cable boxes but call it for what it is. Especially if your going to recommend it to others.

1589698959136.png

What did he say about the legality?

It's illegal to shake a doormat outside during the daylight hours.

It's illegal to sell an IPTV service like OTTTV, everyone in the universe knows that.

It is not illegal to purchase it.

Some might think it immoral, but to assume it's illegal is wrong.

I have had it myself going as far back to the old cable boxes but call it for what it is. Especially if your going to recommend it to others.
I'm not recommending it to anyone!
All I said is what I used to watch the game. I couldn't give a monkeys if people use IPTVs, use freeview or pay for Sky/BT. Literally doesn't cross my mind what other people do.
I don't care.

I won't comment further, as I don't argue or debate in real life, so won't do it here.

Have a groovy day everyone.

This preprint from La Jolla is a positive for the kind of immunity that might be generated in response to infection or a vaccine, it looks like the immune system does all the right things in response to fragments of the virus - and around 50% of uninfected people they tested had some kind of response to Covid, presumably based on prior exposure to other coronaviruses.

It's all in the test-tube and a long way from a definitive statement on the nature of long-term immunity or on the effectiveness of a vaccine, but it's one of the most encouraging bits of science I've seen relating to the possibility of long-term control of this thing.

Still doesn't mean it's a good idea go to the beach this weekend!

As for the social-distancing pigeon above, this is what happened next :
1589716127376.png

Seeing as OTTTV seems a bit of a grey area legally I would therefore not recommend it to my client. Thanks anyway @Bevvied

There is no grey area M if you watch Sky or BT any you are not paying them for the service you are breaking the law, a lot of ISP's are now blocking this kind of thing, i used to be able to stream the football on many sites but a lot of them no longer work.

It's illegal to shake a doormat outside during the daylight hours.

It's illegal to sell an IPTV service like OTTTV, everyone in the universe knows that.

It is not illegal to purchase it.

Some might think it immoral, but to assume it's illegal is wrong.

Its a bit like the old days of CB radio (citizen band for the young ones) you could buy theses radios put them in your car and the authorities couldn't do anything but if you get caught using it you could be prosecuted, i don't know if anyone ever did get done and there were millions of people using them

1589718525111.png

Picked up a click and collect shopping order from Asda yesterday, not one person wearing a mask in sight.
The store guy came and stood right next to my window (kept shut) to talk to me, no attempt to keep 2m distance.
When it came to get out and load up my shopping I went the full Jesse James with knotted handkerchief covering my face. That fella spends all day in contact with a stream of punters, so I'm not too bothered by the sideways
glances from other shoppers.

Later when I got back preparations were under way for a street party, postponed from last weekend.
As we didn't want to be party poopers ( my wife badgered all morning as whether she'd be going by neighbours ) we pulled up the bench to the front of the drive to sit and have a drink.
After about 5 mins it was obvious that the combination of loud music, afternoon drinking, kids flying about and parents wandering after them meant distancing was compromised. We just didn't feel comfortable with it all and slipped back inside.

My wife has an auto immune condition ( rheumatoid arthritis ) which puts her at high risk so we've been serious about self - iscolating as a familly since the start of lockdown, I've also had to put work on hold.
It feels like there is general air of smugness in this country, not seen in other countries with more experience of such pandemics. For myself I'm keeping my head down and waiting to see the result of this relaxation.

Our next door neighbour along with his wife have both already had suspected covid 19 - all symptoms but not tested . We were open mouthed as he declared over the fence ;" it's not the virus that'll kill you, it's the fear !!

It's a selfish ill-informed way to think and in fact there is the possibility that there might be longer term health
implications for people who've had the virus so possibly complacent as well.

Picked up a click and collect shopping order from Asda yesterday, not one person wearing a mask in sight.
The store guy came and stood right next to my window (kept shut) to talk to me, no attempt to keep 2m distance.
When it came to get out and load up my shopping I went the full Jesse James with knotted handkerchief covering my face. That fella spends all day in contact with a stream of punters, so I'm not too bothered by the sideways
glances from other shoppers.

Later when I got back preparations were under way for a street party, postponed from last weekend.
As we didn't want to be party poopers ( my wife badgered all morning as whether she'd be going by neighbours ) we pulled up the bench to the front of the drive to sit and have a drink.
After about 5 mins it was obvious that the combination of loud music, afternoon drinking, kids flying about and parents wandering after them meant distancing was compromised. We just didn't feel comfortable with it all and slipped back inside.

My wife has an auto immune condition ( rheumatoid arthritis ) which puts her at high risk so we've been serious about self - iscolating as a familly since the start of lockdown, I've also had to put work on hold.
It feels like there is general air of smugness in this country, not seen in other countries with more experience of such pandemics. For myself I'm keeping my head down and waiting to see the result of this relaxation.

Our next door neighbour along with his wife have both already had suspected covid 19 - all symptoms but not tested . We were open mouthed as he declared over the fence ;" it's not the virus that'll kill you, it's the fear !!

It's a selfish ill-informed way to think and in fact there is the possibility that there might be longer term health
implications for people who've had the virus so possibly complacent as well.

Sounds like you need to move.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said the Government’s furlough scheme will be extended until the end of October.

But what does it all mean for workers and businesses?

Here's what you need to know.

What will happen to workers on furlough?

Mr Sunak said they will continue to receive 80 per cent of their pay – up to £2,500 a month – until the end of October.

This extends the original furlough scheme to eight months since it was launched in March.

The Chancellor also said there will be the possibility of part-time returns for staff from August, pointing out that manufacturers have been asking for staggered shifts to reopen production lines.

Are there more details on part-time returns and can I take a job elsewhere?

The details will be published later this month, but Mr Sunak stressed to MPs that furloughed workers can take jobs elsewhere while on the scheme.

Government advice says: “If your contract allows, you may undertake other employment while your current employer has placed you on furlough, and this will not affect the gran

However, staff cannot work for their employer while furloughed.

Will the Government continue covering the cost?

The Government will fund the furlough scheme, which has supported seven million jobs at a cost of £14 billion a month, until the end of July.

After that, companies will be expected to make a contribution to the payments, although the amount workers take home will not fall below the 80 per cent mark.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18455573.furlough-extended-october-questions-answered/

How that going to work?

The Mail
@NWEMlive

Soap operas including Emmerdale, Hollyoaks and Coronation Street have been given the green light to begin filming again - provided they follow strict health and safety rules.

1589729306112.png

Im so glad the coronavirus has finally ended and we're all now safe...

Well you'd think that judging by what I saw today around London. Parks and commons were heaving complete with ice cream vans, street parties, no social distancing, very few masks. If you get reincarnated as a deadly pathogen you'll want to end up in London

Im so glad the coronavirus has finally ended and we're all now safe...

Well you'd think that judging by what I saw today around London. Parks and commons were heaving complete with ice cream vans, street parties, no social distancing, very few masks. If you get reincarnated as a deadly pathogen you'll want to end up in London

Traffic is heavier here but its not as bad as i had expected, the weather hasn't been as hot as of late maybe that has done us a favour.

Latest posts

Back