The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1590514473115.png

But how depends on where you live, listening to 5 live am am not surprised people are confused Wales and Scotland doing their own thing should never have been allowed, in Wales you are not allowed to travel more than 5 miles yet we in England can drive as far as we want as long as we don't cross any borders, how crazy is that?

But how depends on where you live, listening to 5 live am am not surprised people are confused Wales and Scotland doing their own thing should never have been allowed, in Wales you are not allowed to travel more than 5 miles yet we in England can drive as far as we want as long as we don't cross any borders, how crazy is that?
Chippy in reality there are no borders and Scotland and Wales are regions of the U.K. Not separate countries. There should be one set of rules for the whole to avoid confusion. One of my children lives in Glasgow and the other two in London so under these rules I couldn't visit them in Scotland but could visit them in England. Crazy.

I dont think there is anything to stop them seeing as they have devolved Goverments. I also think Wales/Scotland would say 'yes, lets all do the same thing but England has to do the same thing as us'

I think the Welsh approach as been good so far, we haven't seen the numbers that England have and were always a few weeks behind the UK curve so a different approach was needed.

Our FM announced latest changes this morning, members of two households can now meet up outside, but this must be done in your local area i.e. 5 miles. So I can't see family and a lot of friends because of the rural location where I live and I bet @Cwrw666 will be in the same boat.

I think the Welsh approach as been good so far, we haven't seen the numbers that England have and were always a few weeks behind the UK curve so a different approach was needed.

Adjusted on a per capita basis, the Welsh numbers have been much higher than England, as have Scotlands (ever so slightly in their case, we are talking margins of error sort of difference). However, that's a simplistic way of looking at it as it doesn't take into account other factors (age, etc).

There was agreement between all of the governments to take a 4-nation approach. It was BoJo who decided to deviate from that because London's numbers improved sharply.

Allowed doesn't come into it. As others have pointed out, health is a devolved matter.

Maybe allowed wasn't the right term as doing it this way wasn't the right way its going to be impossible to police as more of us are allowed to meet and travel.

Agreed, it wasn't the right approach. We should have stuck to tackling this as 4 nations where possible.

So the schools open next week. But also the forecast is for the temp to be in the 20C's. Wonder if this will have any bearing on people's decision making process? Send little johhny to school and parents go to work or....Keep Johhny at 'home' (and go to the beach as a family)?

So the schools open next week. But also the forecast is for the temp to be in the 20C's. Wonder if this will have any bearing on people's decision making process? Send little johhny to school and parents go to work or....Keep Johhny at 'home' (and go to the beach as a family)?

Way too many johnies on our beaches already get them back to school keep our beaches clean. :laugh8:

I suspect most parents will have spent more time with ‘little Johhny‘ than they can take and will be quite happy if schools can take them, off their hands.

Latest posts

Back