The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand ebay run filters on messages which then blocks personal emails presumably to stop folks bypassing ebay on transactions.
There is, however, a get-round to this situation.
But I couldn't possibly comment on that :wink:

Their direct order email is [email protected]. They'll give a10% discount and their price list. Or there's a specific discount thread on another forum. :)

I know I am late to this party but what is the general opinion of these yeasts ? any good? real ale any good?

I've used the real ale yeast for two brews now (one sachet for each). It started fermenting in less than 6hrs from pitching and was very active. I would recommend them. I did follow the instruction and added the yeast to around half a cup full of tepid water (out of the kettle) before hand. :smile:

Yep, very good indeed. Actually outperforms my beloved Notty, and for less than half the price. Incredible! Mind you I've only tried the US Pale and Real ale. All I'm likely to with what I brew.

The US pale left another nice semi solid trub last night whilst bottling. It's looking like a true winner with price and quality

I know I am late to this party but what is the general opinion of these yeasts ? any good? real ale any good?

I've only used the real ale yeast. Its fast fermenting as others have said (ferments out my ordinary bitters in about a week). Flocctuant but I wouldnt says a floccuant as notty and has a high attenuation. I 've used it twice and have got 81% and 83% attenuation based on 65C/66C mash temps. I dont get huge esters but I think there are some there

I've only used the real ale yeast. Its fast fermenting as others have said (ferments out my ordinary bitters in about a week). Flocctuant but I wouldnt says a floccuant as notty and has a high attenuation. I 've used it twice and have got 81% and 83% attenuation based on 65C/66C mash temps. I dont get huge esters but I think there are some there

Would you recommend it? I dont think there are "many" good dry strains of English yeast about.. just wondered if it was any good.

Would you recommend it? I dont think there are "many" good dry strains of English yeast about.. just wondered if it was any good.

I sure would. I know perceptions of taste vary but to me it seems like a cross between Notty and Windsor with all the good qualities of the former and none of the bad ones of the latter, if you see how I mean.

My Helles came out amazing with Kolsch yeast. Will be buying more definitely.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Should have went for ten at under £8 even better value...

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I know, but sometimes I'm just too damned tight for my own good. But what if I died or summat before using all 10?! The waste - sob!

Last edited:
I know, but sometimes I'm just too damned tight for my own good. But what if I died or summat before using all 10?! The waste - sob!

I suppose businesses rely on customers like yourself for repeat business and giving them your hard eared cash to line their pockets and keep the economy going and give other customers their discounted bulk stocks.Is'nt life just a merrygoround.:whistle::thumb:

I suppose businesses rely on customers like yourself for repeat business and giving them your hard eared cash to line their pockets and keep the economy going and give other customers their discounted bulk stocks.Is'nt life just a merrygoround.:whistle::thumb:

It sure is! Gonna bulk up next time, having decided to stick with this stuff. Still, can't complain I still think they're giving it away no matter how many packs ordered. Meanwhile I'm gonna trawl the net and see if anyone's doing 25Kg sacks of malt for under 15 delivered.

It sure is! Gonna bulk up next time, having decided to stick with this stuff. Still, can't complain I still think they're giving it away no matter how many packs ordered. Meanwhile I'm gonna trawl the net and see if anyone's doing 25Kg sacks of malt for under 15 delivered.

You'll be hard pushed there unless your buying bulk.I've bought 25kg for �£17 from Geterbrewed but then you have delivery which is �£4.50 for me and that's the cheapest I can find.I'm sure if you were able to find their supplies you may be able to get a bulk buy with a few local members within driving radius.My mate and I usually order in turns saving on postage which makes life easier.

Having a nosy round and prices are not that different.
http://www.brewersselect.co.uk/ingredients
http://www.maltingcompany.ie/our-barley/

Last edited:
Back