The end of the road for Boris.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
BBC - Posted at 20:19

BREAKING - Boris Johnson refusing to quit

We're hearing that the PM is holding firm and refusing to quit despite calls from several key cabinet colleagues for him to go.
He is insisting that he wants to continue to focus on the "hugely important issues facing the country".

--------------

Fifth of parliamentary party turns against PM

Based on the latest figures, 21% of the Conservatives' 358 MPs - 75 of them - have now switched from supportive or neutral to opposed to the PM's leadership since yesterday, the BBC's Political Research Unit has calculated.
Boris Johnson won last month's confidence vote among Tory MPs - by 211 to 148. But some of these switchers may have voted against him in that anonymous ballot, so they can't just be added to the 148.

-----------------

Posted at 20:28

BREAKING - Brandon Lewis quits cabine

Ione Wells
Political Correspondent, BBC News

Brandon Lewis has resigned as Northern Ireland Secretary.
His is the first cabinet resignation since Sajid Javid and Rishi Sunak quit yesterday evening.

------------------------

Former Northern Ireland secretary heckled on flight

Chris Mason
Political editor

We learned a few minutes ago that Brandon Lewis had resigned as Northern Ireland Secretary.
He was, I'm told, heckled by a fellow passenger on a flight from Belfast to London tonight. The passenger told him: "You are complicit in the betrayal of this country by Boris Johnson."

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more they all feed at the same trough,
Exactly, the trouble is we have a massive amount of the electorate that will only ever vote for one party, they’ve voted for them their parents voted for them etc. It doesn’t matter if party A has a good idea, they could never vote for that as party B disagrees.
Like lemmings to a cliff.

There's a difference between noses in the trough, and a man (loosely used) who has used his time in office to undermine just about every convention and institution. Irreparable damage has been done, and those who have supported him are complicit.
Hi DD2 i agree, but how would you a man change it with one vote, i agree with everything you say, in my 69 years on this planet nothing has changed were they are concerned all still pigs in the trough, i have tried voting it don't work, so how would you change things

Exactly, the trouble is we have a massive amount of the electorate that will only ever vote for one party, they’ve voted for them their parents voted for them etc. It doesn’t matter if party A has a good idea, they could never vote for that as party B disagrees.
Like lemmings to a cliff.

Its the system that is at fault and that's why you get this statement when you discuss changing votes "i always vote labour because if i switch to Liberal Democrat its a vote for the Tories as Liberal Democrat will never get in here" we are stuck with a two party system which will not change until the system changes, i wont hold my breath.

Still giving!

Tonight on Look North the MP for Grimsby said she supported Boris; so I typed in “Lia Nici Scandal” and this is what the Grimsby Telegraph reported:

“A Grimsby MP claims Boris Johnson's fine over Partygate was 'wrong' but said 'culture changes' have been made.”

The report went on to point out:

“In her report on Partygate, Sue Gray said “many will be dismayed that behaviour of this kind took place on this scale at the heart of Government” and “what happened fell well short” of the standards expected.”

I presume she’ll keep on supporting Boris, even after he’s swanned off to an EU country!
:hat:

BBC - Posted at 20:43

Who still supports the PM?​

As we've been reporting the prime minister is refusing to resign and vowing to stay on to govern.
Home Secretary Priti Patel is the most recent minister to join the ranks of her cabinet colleagues urging the PM to resign.
So who haven't we heard from this evening among the government heavyweights?

Liz Truss, foreign secretary
Earlier it was reported that Foreign Secretary Liz Truss does not think this is the time to quit - with the ongoing war in Ukraine and the Northern Ireland Protocol going through Parliament.
The Guardian's chief political correspondent is now reporting that she is "sticking by the PM".

Ben Wallace, defence secretary
Meanwhile, the Daily Express and the Sun reported overnight that Defence Secretary Ben Wallace had referred to the recent slew of resignations as "political parlour games" adding he would not be resigning.

Both Truss and Wallace are considered key contenders for the leadership if Johnson is pushed out - or walks.

Dominic Raab, deputy prime minister
Nothing has been heard directly from deputy prime minister Dominic Raab, who was last heard defending the prime minister over the Chris Pincher affair on BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Tuesday morning.

But it was reported that he remains loyal to Mr Johnson and defended him at a session of the backbench 1922 Committee.

-----------------------------------------------------

20:46

Boris Johnson wants to fight on​

Iain Watson
Political correspondent

The mood music at Downing Street has changed somewhat over the past hour, says BBC political correspondent Iain Watson.
He says there remains a great deal of disharmony inside No 10 - with some cabinet ministers urging the PM to go and others standing by him as he vows to say on as leader.
Grant Shapps and Priti Patel - previously staunch allies of the PM - both believe Boris Johnson's time is up and he should resign.
But Nadine Dorries remains a supporter of the PM - and indicated on her departure from Downing Street this evening, that many other colleagues do too.
"Boris Johnson wants to continue to fight. He believes he has enough people around him to keep going."

------------------------------------------------

Posted at 20:47

Johnson is 'besmirching our democracy'​

SNP leader Ian Blackford says it is time for Boris Johnson to goImage caption: SNP leader Ian Blackford says it is time for Boris Johnson to go
SNP leader Ian Blackford, and a frequent critic of Boris Johnson, tells the BBC that Boris Johnson is "besmirching our democracy" by his refusal to resign as prime minister.
He says: "He has lost the confidence of the House of Commons, he has lost the confidence of his own MPs and a number of cabinet ministers have gone and told him to go.
"At the end of the day, if he doesn't do the decent thing, he ought to have some self respect and some diginity and realise for him it is over. He is now besmirching our democracy and if he doesn't do the right thing and go of his own accord then he'll be dragged out."

Its the system that is at fault and that's why you get this statement when you discuss changing votes "i always vote labour because if i switch to Liberal Democrat its a vote for the Tories as Liberal Democrat will never get in here" we are stuck with a two party system which will not change until the system changes, i wont hold my breath.
Disagree that’s not the electoral fault it’s the electorate fault, vote for the best candidate, may it be Conservative, Labour, The Monster Raving Loony Party who ever, stop getting hung up about a single party.
I know this is very niave of me but one can live in hope.

Disagree that’s not the electoral fault it’s the electorate fault, vote for the best candidate, may it be Conservative, Labour, The Monster Raving Loony Party who ever, stop getting hung up about a single party.

I agree to a point, but people are easily swayed, and our fptp system is rigged. We have to move to PR to force these children to work together. Until then, we'll continue to see the short-termism and division that poisons our Politics.

...and the man, Chris Pincher, who has brought this to a head, HASNT resigned. You couldn't make it up

It's both, a double whammy. I'll find it very hard to vote for Starmer as I haven't a clue what he stands for except "decency". He doesn't seem to have Labour values. The Lib Dems seem a bit wishy-washy and after Clegg!!! Even though they stand a better chance than Labour in my constituency. (I live abroad so my constituency is the last one I voted in when I was in the UK). We really do need PR in the UK.
Didn't Blair put it to a referendum once or am I dreaming that?

Last edited:
Here in Australia it is compulsory to vote, fortunately all the drongos would prefer to cop a fine for not voting so don't vote because they don't pay them anyway. Otherwise if we had a Monster Raving Loony party they would stand half a chance of getting a couple of seats.

Here in Australia it is compulsory to vote, fortunately all the drongos would prefer to cop a fine for not voting so don't vote because they don't pay them anyway. Otherwise if we had a Monster Raving Loony party they would stand half a chance of getting a couple of seats.vote against ALL of them.

If I vote FOR someone they claim that as a mandate to have my support. If I am forced to vote for someone I don't wish to support, i.e. I believe there is no fit and proper candidate - my vote "the most precious thing I own" has to be used to support something I oppose - how is that fair or democratic

The subject keeps giving and giving; and we are now down to resignations of people I have never heard of!
(Seven more resigned this morning!)

Either that, or people I’ve never heard of, refusing Boris’s offer of being a Minister.

I stand by Matt (cartoonist on the front page of The Torygraph) who today has a woman standing inside the doorway of No.10 with a dog-lead in her hand.

The woman is saying “Walkies” and looking into the house.
:D

To make this cartoon even more poignant, it is right alongside the headline “Welsh First Minister’s chalet escapes tax hike”!

Believe me, with Boris and his cronies there is no need to fabricate anything!
:hat:

FB_IMG_1657179047075.jpg
i thought this was a fake, but it isn't! General Election 2010: Get Gordon Brown out of the bathroom and deal with the real problems

Last edited:
Even the new appointments are now resigning. I want this farce to go on for weeks. I think Lord Snooty dressed in a Bison outfit will attack the Houses of Parliament next. 😂😂

Latest posts

Back