The end of the road for Boris.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for Bojo to resign. He can say what he likes to whoever he likes at the podium in front of no 10, but until he asks Madge to accept his resignation, he hasn't resigned. Does anyone know if he's done that?
Not that the lad's slippery or anything.

I'm still waiting for Bojo to resign. He can say what he likes to whoever he likes at the podium in front of no 10, but until he asks Madge to accept his resignation, he hasn't resigned. Does anyone know if he's done that?
Not that the lad's slippery or anything.
No, because he's only resigned as Tory party leader.

He's not resigning as PM until a new leader is chosen (he says).

So for the time being we have a lame duck government during:
  • The beginnings of a recession
  • The greatest inflation/cost of living squeeze for half a century (or longer)
  • Energy crisis
  • Active war that we're involved in.
  • More covid waves?
How on earth have we go to this point so poorly prepared?

No, because he's only resigned as Tory party leader.

He's not resigning as PM until a new leader is chosen (he says).

So for the time being we have a lame duck government during:
  • The beginnings of a recession
  • The greatest inflation/cost of living squeeze for half a century (or longer)
  • Energy crisis
  • Active war that we're involved in.
  • More covid waves?
You're quite right. I clearly need a beer to unmuddle my head.
Thank the gods its Friday 🤕

They're not stupid. This is exactly what the plan is. The public have very short memories.
I couldn't agree more and as i have said several times be careful what you wish for if the next PM does a brilliant job and gets us out of the deep **** we are in by 2025 Boris will be a distant memory, whether they can get us out of it is a different matter.

This has been our approach to most problems for the last 10 years.
1657209621158.png

Boris didn’t apologise, but to curry favour with his public he called his fellow Tory MP’s “a herd”!

The older ones amongst us will remember the Spitting Image sketch where Maggie Thatcher is ordering food with her Cabinet. The waiter asks “And the vegetables?” to which Maggie replies “They’ll have what I’m having.”

I presumed that as the Captain Boris was the last rat to leave his sinking ship, but I doubt it so I will start the campaign here:

“Liz Truss for Prime Minister!”

With a bit of luck, the woman should make Boris look intelligent, honest and faithful.
:hat:

PS
Attempting to quote the sketch accurately I came across this and I’m still laughing!

“Following complaints from the
Conservative Party that the BBC
is biased against the government,
we here on ITV, in the interests of
political balance, would like to say:
we hate the bastards too.
Thank you."

Here in Australia it is compulsory to vote, fortunately all the drongos would prefer to cop a fine for not voting so don't vote because they don't pay them anyway. Otherwise if we had a Monster Raving Loony party they would stand half a chance of getting a couple of seats.
So how does it work? Is there a ‘none of the above’ option on the ballot paper, if you don’t like any of the candidates?

If I vote FOR someone they claim that as a mandate to have my support. If I am forced to vote for someone I don't wish to support, i.e. I believe there is no fit and proper candidate - my vote "the most precious thing I own" has to be used to support something I oppose - how is that fair or democratic
If you aren't happy with any of the parties or independents just write that across your ballot slip. You aren't forced to cast a vote for anyone or party.

Here in Australia it is compulsory to vote, fortunately all the drongos would prefer to cop a fine for not voting so don't vote because they don't pay them anyway. Otherwise if we had a Monster Raving Loony party they would stand half a chance of getting a couple of seats.
Sounds good in theory, that those with a considered interest and a bit of intelligence dominate the voting, while nobody is actually excluded. In practice, it's still about fishing in the same old pond- much like here.

And here in lies one of the biggest problems in UK politics because we don’t actually vote for a PM.
You can only vote for Starmer if he’s standing as your MP.

And yet half the morons on the radio this morning have fallen for his "personal mandate" schtick hook, line and sinker.

Unless you live in Uxbridge, you did not vote for Boris, no matter what you think.

And here in lies one of the biggest problems in UK politics because we don’t actually vote for a PM.
You can only vote for Starmer if he’s standing as your MP.
You're quite wrong. When I vote, I'm voting with the new PM and government in mind, not the representative of my constituency. If I want something done on a constituency level then I'll email my MP no matter what party he or she represents. All things being equal, I'll vote for the Labour candidate, in the hope of returning another Labour MP to Parliament, but with some reluctance, too, as I not sure that Starmer is really Labour. My constituency, traditionally, is a Tory safe seat and the incumbent is such an R-sole that he brags he doesn't need to campaign as he'll be returned anyway. If I think there's a chance the Lib Dems can unseat him, I would consider voting that way. While Labour through and through, I'm not a great believer in tribalism: country before party should be the watchword in any political act.

I have stayed away from commenting and generally try not to read what is in the snug... however... Boris epitomises all that I decry in human nature, of selfishness, scheming and deceit for personal gain; of ridiculing and demeaning people for self aggrandisement and his position at the head of the baying pack. His attitude to women is appalling, I find him utterly repugnant. He has been a cancer to British politics, corrupting the position of prime minister, and twisting the idea of what it means to be British. We have a proud history of assimilating over time all who would settle in the UK, of Britishness being decency, restraint, leading by example, though also utterly ruthless within the scope of the rule of law. We are demeaned as a country having been seen to support this toxic narcissist.

He just needs to go.

Starmer is a bit boring though, really really dull, sheesh that man needs to get some personality.

Latest posts

Back