The Grainfather G70 at Get Er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Get Er Brewed are excited to now offer the brand new and exciting half barrel electric all in one brewing system. The Grainfather G70 is the largest Grainfather made yet, it boasts a strong and robust build quality. The unit is complete with a wort chiller.

The all in one brewing system can hold an impressive 17kg of malt and has capacity to hold 70 Litres of wort. The new conicals are in development and will be launched later this year. Trials using the system have allowed flexibility with brewing one batch and splitting over 2 or 3 fermenters allowing experimentation with different yeasts and dry hopping.

Like the original Grainfather its wifi controlled and links seamlessly to the Grainfather community app. Allowing homebrewers the flexibility to create their own recipes or browse thousands of user submitted ones and build the ingredient recipe using the Get Er Brewed recipe builder. The app allows you to start heating the strike water in advance so you can start your brewday swiftly.

Perfect for a small test plant for a brewpub, restaurant or microbrewery or homebrewers with a serious addiction to shiny

The Grainfather G70
Two stage false bottom – the conical base allows a false bottom with an inner collar to sit in the recess of the base. I’ve personally tested this with 600g’s of hops and saw a full flow through the pump. This is very, very effective.

The Grainfather g70 bottom drain is below the false bottom so there is almost no dead space.

Bespoke 3.2kWh concealed element – We’ve made the absolute most out of the power available to us. The element covers around 80% of the base and is mounted using a thermal paste, rather than braised. This moves the heat efficiently upwards, losing very little to where it’s not needed and as it’s spread in such a wide area, scorching will be very unlikely (also most solids settle on the false bottom, so won’t touch the elements anyway). Being concealed, it’s super easy to clean too.

Convenient side entry recirculation. Rather than up and over, we’ve built a port into the side of the unit which means if the pump is accidentally switched on, it will fire the wort just to the other side of the unit, rather than straight up. The recirc pipe has a push fit, so couldn’t be easier to install or remove.

Ball value for sampling/draining. This runs in line with the pump so is particularly helpful when draining the cleaning water. It fires out at a rate of knots and empties the unit in no time.

Sight glass with clean-in-place (CIP) solution. This is really useful when sparging. Rather than relying on water calculations, you can just sparge until you reach pre-boil volume. The cap can be replaced with the included hose barb so you can connect the recirc pipe and flush the sight glass while cleaning.

Rolled edge filter plates. These mean the silicone seals are no longer required. They have a really smooth finish and plates themselves feel really robust and wearing. The shape of the G70 is a little different – it’s much wider and not that much taller than the standard Grainfather so we’ve seen comparatively quick draining from the basket, and less likelihood of stuck sparges as the draining surface area is bigger.

Safety aspects including locked in support ring, heavy duty, no slip brackets to on the grain basket and protection from knocking the ball valve open.

Lifting bar with winch lifting hook. Make no mistake, this is a 2 person lift without a winch!

Huge wort chiller. This works an absolute treat. There is a more powerful pump, a very efficient false bottom and a bigger wort chiller, so in my experience, cooling times are about the same as the 30l Grainfather, despite the volume being more than double. Due to the size, this will need to be positioned away from the G70, so longer silicone tubing is attached as standard.

Heavy duty handles on G70 body. Also handle on glass lid.

Includes dust cover and tap connections.

3 year Grainfather warranty.

Check them out in the links below, we have a pre order deal available if you want to get in touch:

The Grainfather g70 UK

www.geterbrewed.com/the-grainfather-g70/

The Grainfather g70 Ireland

www.geterbrewed.ie/the-grainfather-g70/

Attachments

• 15012020-grainfather-g70.jpg
    15012020-grainfather-g70.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 237
Lifting bar with winch lifting hook. Make nomistake, this is a 2 person lift without a winch!

I was wondering how this would work, I struggled with the grain pipe on my Brewdevil with my first brew last week. You’d need to be Eddie Hall to lift the bucket on this monster!

It sounds like they’ve addressed a few of the problems with the original grainfather, and I really want a larger kit....... 3 brews in one brew day! I would have to use my 30L GF as a very expensive sparge heater. I would of course need another SS fermenter or two to handle that much beer. But the price is outrageous my mrs would kick the sh*t out of me and she’s quite a tolerable woman.

If your interested we will do members of the forum a special deal, drop us a private message if so

If I wanted everything I need to brew (using the G70) including a fermenter water heater, what would be a good full kit Inc. first set of ingredients.

thx

Back