The Hods Brew Shed Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lucky enough to have a large bathroom as my brewery. It has a bath and a sink as you'd expect. All my wash up is undertaken in the bath, often using my a spray. I also run a cooler off the shower fitting. The bath is a real asset.

A bath would be the ideal. Or even a full blown sealed floor with French drains.

Maybe that will appear in the commercial brewery........

*scratches chin thoughtfully....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Day 12 - roofer came back and finished off mucking in edge and ridge tiles today.

I
Decided to fit the glass into the French doors and windows. Along with finishing the vapour wrap on the outside.

Made a massive dent in setting out the floor joists and putting them in. Even made use of the left over roof plug [emoji1303]

View attachment IMG_3600.jpgView attachment IMG_3602.jpgView attachment IMG_3601.jpg

Getting excited now as it’s really starting to take shape.

Ordered all of the electrical bits in needed too so I can start smashing the lighting and power circuits round the rooms Thursday/Friday and the weekend.

You are making a lovely job of that build. Very envious. What are you going to clad it with? Looking forward to seeing the fit out too. :thumb:

You are making a lovely job of that build. Very envious. What are you going to clad it with? Looking forward to seeing the fit out too. :thumb:

It’s going to be clad in 6” pressure treated feather edge board. I’ve set the doors windows in a recess so I can edge each window and door with 1/4” beading to frame it.

Now SWMBO is going over colours for the cladding....... oh help me and I pray she doesn’t ask for bright green.

Is that grapes you have growing too?

Good spot!! Yes it is.

View attachment IMG_3437.jpg

The grapes haven’t been good this year at all. To start with they got nailed by a late frost in the spring and then that set the plant back. they’ve just not developed and ripened early enough.

Previous years however I’ve had loads. Never made wine, but I have made grape juice a few times.

The best thing is my green gauge tree which is in front of the brew shed [emoji7]

It’s going to be clad in 6” pressure treated feather edge board. I’ve set the doors windows in a recess so I can edge each window and door with 1/4” beading to frame it.

Now SWMBO is going over colours for the cladding....... oh help me and I pray she doesn’t ask for bright green.

f

If you can get it have a look at natural larch, silvers up great and never needs treated or painted etc. Is naturally rot resistant.not a great picture but you'll get the idea. The boards are 150x15. Square edge off saw. Just lapped 25mm. Just cut a 125 piece of 2x1 and use as a guide

IMG_0033.jpg

Not much progress today. I had to work.......

Bought and collected some more materials and consumables from Screwfix for the electrical first fix which I hope to finish Saturday.

Looking good mate,remember and protect all your wiring with a 30ma RCD but you prob already know that [emoji106]

Don’t worry I’ve got a garage DB going in. 3 way dist board with 40 amp MCB with a 30mA RCD. Fed from a 16mm tri Rated XLPE SWA cable.

30 amp MCB feeding the two radial circuits, and a 8 amp MCB for the lighting circuit.

Don’t worry I’m an electrician [emoji6] amongst other things...

Don’t worry I’ve got a garage DB going in. 3 way dist board with 40 amp MCB with a 30mA RCD. Fed from a 16mm tri Rated XLPE SWA cable.

30 amp MCB feeding the two radial circuits, and a 8 amp MCB for the lighting circuit.

Don’t worry I’m an electrician [emoji6] amongst other things...

Me too, its habit for me to recommend RCD protection 👍

Me too, its habit for me to recommend RCD protection [emoji106]

It never fails to surprise me to see the quality and type of hacks the untrained make to their home installations.

Often a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And with leccy you don’t get many chances to get it wrong.

As I always say. The green/yellow wire is your friend. Above all make sure you look after him, and make sure he’s holding hands with all of his friends. because if it all goes wrong, and you’ve looked after him, he will look after you.

Day 14 - it’s kinda day 14 and a bit.

Finished off the boarding out and insulation today. Finishing the first fix allowed me to knock this major item off the list.

It’s into the cladding now. And thankfully the wife has chosen a colour.....

View attachment IMG_3647.jpgView attachment IMG_3648.jpgView attachment IMG_3649.jpgView attachment IMG_3651.jpgView attachment IMG_3650.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren’t great. It’s quite hard to show all of the effort that’s gone on here.

Day 14 - it’s kinda day 14 and a bit.

Finished off the boarding out and insulation today. Finishing the first fix allowed me to knock this major item off the list.

It’s into the cladding now. And thankfully the wife has chosen a colour.....

Sorry the pictures aren’t great. It’s quite hard to show all of the effort that’s gone on here.

It's looking magnificent from here. Is there an extra insulated part, for wintertime fermenting?

It's looking magnificent from here. Is there an extra insulated part, for wintertime fermenting?

Nah that’s what the temp controlled fermentation fridge is for.

There will be a four tap kegerator going in along with the fermentation fridge and a freezer to store my hops in.

Latest posts

Back