The Keezer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeyboi

Landlord.
Reaction score
So after delaying for a few months I finally got round to building my keezer. Had a bit of a nightmare as I did not realise the underside of the lid had a lip which houses additional insulation, it meant the 4x2 I had used was to thick as a frame and the lid would not close fully. Unfortunately I do not have a router so a woodsaw and chisel it was to cut an angle on the inside of my frame.

Also the taps I bought from ebay only had 11/2" thread so they were not long enough to pass through the frame, had to holesaw out the back edge and counter sink the back nut and connection :doh:.

Got there in the end, although I need to buy 1 more tap and some more kegs so I can have 4 beers on tap. :whistle: maybe I will even give it a lick of paint.

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Hi jakeyboi

Keezer looks great. Hoping to do mine soon!

What tubing are you using for the gas lines? Do you have a link?

Cheers
Andy

Hi jakeyboi

Keezer looks great. Hoping to do mine soon!

What tubing are you using for the gas lines? Do you have a link?

Cheers
Andy
I bought it from a local tool shop, he said it was 6mm which is close to 3/16, I used it for my serving lines and it's excellent, so far I have cranked the pressure up to 12 psi with about a yard of serving line and the pour is pretty spot on, maybe a little too slow if anything.

I searched the web for a product that looks the same and I found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-HOSE-...id=100623&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=261629492955

Great thanks for letting me know.

What's the highest psi you have put through those hoses.

So after a year or so I finally finished the keezer and moved it from the shed to our porch, right next to the kitchen. One very proud dad!

img_4461-jpg.13929

12044-bc6b312cdb50198da756892fbfe832be.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4461.jpg
    IMG_4461.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 421
Last edited by a moderator:
Good effort. Looks great.

If I could find a second hand chest freezer, some co2, kegs, taps and make enough beer, this is exactly what I would make.

I like! Did you get all the bits from the eBay store? How do you fix the wooden collar to the freezer? How do you regulate the temperature? Was it difficult getting the pour right?
Mrs Clint is not happy....

I like! Did you get all the bits from the eBay store? How do you fix the wooden collar to the freezer? How do you regulate the temperature? Was it difficult getting the pour right?
Not happy because you haven’t built one yet?

Jake that looks amazing, great work!

Exactly! She said it would be far easier than bottling and that a nicely painted example or even a rustic reclaimed timber look wouldn't look out of place in the extension. Furthermore it would alleviate the constant pile of empties on the draining board AND solve her never ending search for the ideal Christmas present for me!
Don't know how I cope!

Nope I picked up the freezer from the Friday ad, the taps were from an online hombrew shop, as well as the regulator. The wooden collar is glue to the freezer with gorilla glue. The temp is regulated with an inkbird 1000 I think, and finally the pour is pretty much perfect now I've got used to it, it didn't take too much practice to get to grips with. The individual secondary pressure regulators makes things a lot easier, plus my taps have little flow restrictors on the side so between the two you can get it really nice, albeit sometimes a little slow. But hey good things come to those who make homebrew!

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 132
Back