The Knowledge.........please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderwebster

Reaction score
I am on my 4th kit now and really enjoying it . Been blown away by the results ,so I want to have a little dabble at dry hopping . I want to try and create a larger similar to Guinness Brew house #13 which is quite hoppy I will be bottling it because I only have king kegs at the mo ,because I like Ale . I want to do it for my mates who drink larger and are slowly coming around to the fantastic taste of hops and malt . So my big question,s to you Jedi,s of kit beers is........

What basic larger kit . I have the three type of hops in pellet form that the above brew uses I just need to know what percentage to you out of the total weight to use and when to dry hop , how long etc etc ...........May the Hop be with you .

2F95D0B5-8E06-4921-BE61-92B9712F80C0.jpeg

Had that hop house 13 once. Couldn't taste any hops, just generic lager taste. So any coopers kit will do.

I would look at some of the German noble hops

Any of the pale coopers kits would work OK, the Original series lager can often be found for fairly cheap and it's quite moderate on the bitterness so good for adding extra hops. The Australian Pale Ale is also a good one to add hops etc too and is a probably fairly similar to Hop House colour, golden rather than straw colour. Make either with a kilo of beer enhancer, or dextrose but not all malt extract as it would be too malty.

As for dry hops I don't think there's actually a ton of hops in Hop House 13. I'd go for 10g each of the Galaxy, Mosaic and Topaz, if you want to make it hoppier up the Topaz a little, add them when fermentation has finished and leave for 3 days before bottling. I'd save the rest of your Galaxy and Mosaic to make a nice Pale Ale or IPA for yourself and not waste them on lager loving mates athumb..

Thanks for that great bit of info, I am thinking Sod the lager boys and do An IPA like you said.....Having said that I have a Razorback hitting the two week mark at the moment.......?

Just ordered a Coopers Australian P.A. plus some beer enhancer ,will do what Joel said and see how it goes , Will it be ok to bottle and will it have a bit of fizz with the above reciepe .

Latest posts

Back