The malt miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneflewover

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone else had problems with delivery from Malt Miller?

I ordered some liquid yeast last Thursday 19th and paid £3 or so for first class delivery. Plan was to get in time to build a starter for brewing this weekend (i.e. I gave myself over a week to get sorted).

On Wednesday this week (25th) I emailed them to ask when I might get the yeast - I gave plenty of time because I know that the post has been affected. I got an email saying that it was on it's way, intimating that because I'd not gone for next day what did I expect? No yeast still on Thursday 26th so emailed again - no reply, not even an acknowledgement.

Now I've spent best part of £11 to get some yeast that hasn't turned up. I can't do the beer I had wanted to do this weekend. There are many more important things in life, but I am mildly cheesed off. Could be post service of course, but thinking of taking up a PayPal dispute. Thoughts?

First and probably last time I'll use them. Back to HBC for me, never had a problem with them.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pain in the neck. I use Malt Miller from time to time, as well as the other three big boys. I find MM can be a tad pricey, but absolutely reliable and quick. I nearly always get a delivery to France 2 days after placing the order. £10.95 for 30Kg. But these are unusual times.

Yeah they are unusual times, hence why I'm umming and ahhing. Ordinarily I'd be getting straight on getting my money back, but given the circumstances I'm contemplating just writing it off as one of those things and making a note to never use them again

I ordered from them on Tuesday 17th using DPD which is normally next day and that didn't arrive until the Saturday although The MM had dispatched on the Wednesday. I take it using first class means Royal mail and speaking to a friend who works in a RM sorting office they have over 30% of staff off at his depo the moment. Has The MM told you it was dispatched.

I ordered from them on Tuesday 17th using DPD which is normally next day and that didn't arrive until the Saturday although The MM had dispatched on the Wednesday. I take it using first class means Royal mail and speaking to a friend who works in a RM sorting office they have over 30% of staff off at his depo the moment. Has The MM told you it was dispatched.
Just checked mate. Had an email Monday 23rd to say the order was complete. Could be hanging around in PO sorting office I suppose, in which case it may be ruined even if it does get here

I got my 25kg of grain today. Ordered over a week ago but they did say it would be delayed. I think they're down to just a few staff tbh. I was told the delivery would be yesterday but I think the further delay was a DPD issue.

I should say, I've never had anything other than next day reliability in the past so I do think this is probably due to the current complications.

No I didn't, but then p'raps you didn't read my post properly champ? I ordered last Thursday 19th. Looks like that should've been out the door at the start of this week at least. It's Saturday 28th now. Cheers.
Any update ''Champ''?

We've have had nothing in the post for about a week and then today 5 posts
Yeast, Airlocks, Protective masks, a pension letter and a bank statement. I think they're batching deliveries until they get a decent quantity.

Back