The Next Dr Who [POLL]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was your favourite doctor?

• William Hartnell

• Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davison

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Peter Capaldi

• Jodie Whittaker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jodie Whittaker is standing down as the Doctor and to be honest when i heard i said who? as Its been years since i regularly watched it, 5 live had a bit of fun with the news asking listeners to ring in with their nominations for the next and they also asked who was listeners favourites from the past so lets have your views.

Two votes as like me you may have a favourite old doctor from the early years and recent one.

My vote for the next would be Eddie Izzard.

Last edited:
Remember travelling down to see grand parents in london and seeing the last police box on the side of the road M1/A1.

My wife loved watching all the pre-Christoper Eccleston episodes but I didn't. I really got hooked from Eccleston forward.
Edit: I don't think the show runners gave Jodie solid scripts so I don't think the flop was her fault. Very disappointed.

Last edited:
I went for Tom Baker as that was when i used to watch it all the time.

For modern doctor i voted Peter Capaldi as in the few episodes i watched he was very good.

Tom Baker for me as it was my early memories of Doctor Who hiding behind the sofa scared of whatever baddies he was tackling. I haven't watched much / any of the newer series but the few I did see with David Tennant seemed good so he gets the other vote.

Jodie Whittaker is standing down as the Doctor and to be honest when i heard i said who? as Its been years since i regularly watched it, 5 live had a bit of fun with the news asking listeners to ring in with their nominations for the next and they also asked who was listeners favourites from the past so lets have your views.

Two votes as like me you may have a favourite old doctor from the early years and recent one.

My vote for the next would be Eddie Izzard.
eddie izard would be great. plus he'll still tick a few more boxes than a standard white male. As for the script with the current doctor being weak... EDDIE: no, no i'm not saying that line... I'm going over here to fiddle around and make something up.

You missed out Peter Cushing, but then again everyone always does.
Saw the movie when it came out - it was pretty poor.

You missed out Peter Cushing, but then again everyone always does.
Saw the movie when it came out - it was pretty poor.

Well he was only doing a less edgy rehash of William Hartnell's Doctor and stories condensed into movie format to cash in on the huge popularity of the Daleks at that time.

Latest posts

Back