The Next Dr Who [POLL]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was your favourite doctor?

• William Hartnell

• Patrick Troughton

• Jon Pertwee

• Tom Baker

• Peter Davison

• Colin Baker

• Sylvester McCoy

• Paul McGann

• Christopher Eccleston

• David Tennant

• Matt Smith

• Peter Capaldi

• Jodie Whittaker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just so happy her and Chibnall are off. I love her as an actor, and thougjt this could be amazing. But his writing has been dire. He chose a platform that has historically been pure escapism to express his PC views. Stand up for what you believe in by all means, but don't use Dr Who to do it. I stopped watching before her season one ended.

Well he was only doing a less edgy rehash of William Hartnell's Doctor and stories condensed into movie format to cash in on the huge popularity of the Daleks at that time.
Not exactly, they changed him from an alien Timelord into a human mad scientist. I don't know why movie people do this when it's bound to antagonise lovers of the source material.

Not exactly, they changed him from an alien Timelord into a human mad scientist. I don't know why movie people do this when it's bound to antagonise lovers of the source material.

I don't see the contradiction with my comment. William Hartnell's Doctor was a sassy alien who at times seemed quite willing to put his companions at risk. Peter Cushing's version was an eccentric inventor but also a friendly human uncle character. Much less edgy and presumably with less back story requiring explanation in a movie.

Peter Capaldi was my second choice after Tom Baker -

Doctor Who fans want Scots actor Peter Capaldi to return after Jodie Whitaker has quit the show.

Peter who was the 12th incarnation of the time-travelling doctor from 2013 to 2017, along side Jenna Coleman, Pearl Mackie and Matt Lucas, has always been a favourite of fans.

Despite him now starring in Hollywood films, and Warner Brothers and DC Comic’s film The Suicide Squad alongside Margot Robbie, Sylvester Stallone and Viola Davis, fans are clamouring to have him back now that Jodie, the first ever woman doctor is leaving.

As Jodie's shock announcement to leave alongside showrunner Chris Chibnall circulated on social media, so too did Peter's name, as fans prayed he'd come back to the show.

Fans said they hoped the new showrunners might be able to rewind time and get The Thick of It star back with his sonic screwdriver.

One wrote simply: "Peter Capaldi for fourteenth Doctor."

Another hoped: "No new Doctor was announced bc Peter Capaldi is returning as Doctor Who. *Wishful thinking*

And someone else said:"If I were in charge of Doctor Who I'd completely retcon the 13th Doctor as a bad dream and pick up from were Peter Capaldi left off.

Another added: "Can the next Doctor Who be Sue Perkins, Hugh Laurie, Rachel Weisz or somehow bring back Peter Capaldi please.

Just this week Peter commented on the lack of money spent on Doctor Who compared to the Hollywood blockbusters he now stars in.

Peter said: “There was more money. On Doctor Who, we don’t really have enough. Everything falls to pieces.

"All the props fall to pieces and the costumes have to be stuck together with duct tape and Velcro and stuff. I like the B-movie, cobbled-together quality of it.

There’s never really quite enough money but the ideas are often very special. That’s what I like."

He told Digital Spy about The Suicide Squad's big budget adding: "It’s nice to be somewhere where they DO have enough money to make the monsters look scary."

Doctor Who fans demand Peter Capaldi return after Jodie Whitaker quits - Daily Record

1627739211063.png

Last edited:
My brother in law works in film and he says Olly Alexander has been chosen as the next Dr Who…

A bit young to be the doctor in my view but he may get some of the younger generation to watch.

1627808628788.png

A bit young to be the doctor in my view but he may get some of the younger generation to watch.

View attachment 51845
WTF is that??????

Not watched Dr Who since about Colin Baker's time. I am sure that if an episode form one of the first four Dr's were shown today, it would be far less dumbed down than the dross they are putting out today.

Quite so. "The Dr" should be as venerable as he/she is erudite. The role requires a degree of gravitas not seen for a while in this bunch of headless chickens. Rowan Atkison would be perfect for the job. Mike Myers to write the scripts.

Richard Ayoade could make a good Dr Who
He would make a great side kick, imagine Atkinson as doctor and him could be great show, Capaldi was brilliant and agree the recent scripts have been v poor, shame as she is a good actress.

He would make a great side kick, imagine Atkinson as doctor and him could be great show, Capaldi was brilliant and agree the recent scripts have been v poor, shame as she is a good actress.

I quite liked Jodie to start with but aside from the dodgy scripts and attempts to completely rewrite the show's history, she just didn't seem to grow into the role. Michelle Gomez nailed it as Missy/the Master whereas Jodie's Doctor seemed too needy and unable to project the gravitas of a character who is supposed to be immensely old and experienced.

I grew up with Dr Who in the 60s.

Cant believe I found a female Doctor a non starter
shame on me.asad1

I guess they felt they had to do it before someone accused them of deing sexist, I guess for us who have grown up with a male doctor and a female assistant it was a wtf moment when we heard the announcement I have a feeling it will be the last female doctor.

I think like others I didn't care the Dr was female, it was more the dire scripts...

Should have been killed off years ago, no budget for decent series

The budget may not be lavish, but then it never has been. And it really doesn't seem to be the production values that have been causing the complaints about the scripts/plots in recent times.

Back