The next Malt buy by the South Cheshire Co-operative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all.

Just to confirm our "BIGGEST" order for December has now been placed. Thanks to those that participated.

Deliveries will happen Thursday and Friday next week.

As we have 3 pallets going to different locations due to storage space its important you notify us in advance if you are collecting on behalf of anyone else, so that we can ensure all items are available.

When your status update email changes to "ready for collection" it will give you the details of who you need to contact to arrange collection which will be either me or @Obadiah Boondoggle.

As always please try to collect as soon as possible as it make me nervous thinking the mice might get to them first.

Thanks
Christian

We have today concluded another buying round of our malt buying co-operative

So far (after about 2 years), this collaboration has provided 18 tonnes of malt to forum members. That equates to 720 X 25kg bags. Roughly 152,000 pints, give or take a few! Or If you're a bbc spokesmen you might say 3.5% of an Olympic swimming pool. Or if you're the daily mail about £540,000 worth of beer.

You Can Take A Dip In A Swimming Pool Full Of Beer At This ...

A very small Olympic Swimming Pool full of beer

Our next buying round will be in March 2023

We are still awaiting the 2023 price list from Crisp and need to amend the prices on our website for 2023, but our best guestimate is that we will see a 40% increase in malt prices at least

So please do not order at this point

I will let people know when the website is ready

Festive wishes to all

OB

Last edited:
Good evening everyone. I'd be keen to grab a sack of crushed pale malts on your next order. I'm in Chester and noticed Paul say he'd bring to Ellesmere Port - unless anyone on the list is Chester based. Please let me know the process so I can look to order for the next delivery. Many thanks, Josh

Good evening everyone. I'd be keen to grab a sack of crushed pale malts on your next order. I'm in Chester and noticed Paul say he'd bring to Ellesmere Port - unless anyone on the list is Chester based. Please let me know the process so I can look to order for the next delivery. Many thanks, Josh
Hi Josh

We are still awaiting 2023 prices so the prices on the website are no longer current. it is a closed site so if you PM me I can send you sign in details - but wouldn't want to put them on a public post

We do have some stock at the moment - what are you looking for?

We have the likes of MO and XPale Clear choice in 25kg bags and lot's of speciality malts in 3kg bags (e.g. Crystal, Cara, rice hulls, Munich, Vienna, Amber, Chocolate, Dextrin, Naked Oats etc)

Hi Josh

We are still awaiting 2023 prices so the prices on the website are no longer current. it is a closed site so if you PM me I can send you sign in details - but wouldn't want to put them on a public post

We do have some stock at the moment - what are you looking for?

We have the likes of MO and XPale Clear choice in 25kg bags and lot's of speciality malts in 3kg bags (e.g. Crystal, Cara, rice hulls, Munich, Vienna, Amber, Chocolate, Dextrin, Naked Oats etc)
Otherwise next delivery will be March

I am saddened to have to say that we have made the decision not to continue with the group malt buy any longer because we are not prepared to keep working with maltsters under the new conditions that they wish us to agree to.

Therefore, the website will be closed and we will then do a full stock check of what we have available now as stock and I will update everyone at that point as to what we have so you could make a final order if you wish to do so.

Although I am proud of what we have been able to achieve as a collective over the last two years we feel that now the best option is to accept that everything has it’s time. I do hope that we can keep some of the spirit of friendship that we have fostered during the time that we have operated

When we have finally concluded matters we still intend to make a charity donation of any surplus left; once again I will keep you updated over the next few months

I am saddened to have to say that we have made the decision not to continue with the group malt buy any longer because we are not prepared to keep working with maltsters under the new conditions that they wish us to agree to.

Therefore, the website will be closed and we will then do a full stock check of what we have available now as stock and I will update everyone at that point as to what we have so you could make a final order if you wish to do so.

Although I am proud of what we have been able to achieve as a collective over the last two years we feel that now the best option is to accept that everything has it’s time. I do hope that we can keep some of the spirit of friendship that we have fostered during the time that we have operated

When we have finally concluded matters we still intend to make a charity donation of any surplus left; once again I will keep you updated over the next few months
Very sad, it was also a great way to meet you guys 😥

As said by many already, very sad to hear this news. I am however very grateful to the people involved in organising the group buy. Hopefully the wheel will turn full circle in the future and the difficulties/conditions imposed will be relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back