The next Malt buy by the South Cheshire Co-operative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Avid followers of ours (both of you) will know that we have just competed our fifth and latest co-operative malt buy. We estimate that we have saved forum members well in excess of £1000 so far.

We are just announcing our next round here

We are currently planning to complete the next buy in early December, but as you know the key is to have an order of 40 X 25kg bags - this minimises costs as there is no delivery charge. So although we say early December, we will go ahead before then if we have enough orders. What we ask at this stage is that you simply express an interest through the website - find out more at About Us

We also have a simple guide to choosing malt

When you "buy" through the website all you are doing at this stage is expressing an interest - what we really need is your email address so that we can keep in touch. However, if you would also put in the address box the town you live in (not the exact address; we don't need this) we will create a page on the website showing the places from which people have expressed an interest.

Hopefully this will enable linking up to organise collection and even, maybe, create local home brewer groups. We have been able to do this in South Cheshire and have formed many useful friendships which I personally have valued immensely and have taught me a lot

Any questions email [email protected]

Take care everyone

Last edited:
A little nudge reminder for the Group Buy.
We have a few orders now and working our way towards the next pallet purchase.

The maltsters price is fixed to 31/12 so it’s the same deal as last round with the group buy costs. I’d expect that might change, given the transport challenges, when they renew the price list in January, so get your orders in for this round.

Planning December delivery and collection as usual from Sandbach, Cheshire.

www.southcheshire.co.uk/store

It's obvious that people are now beginning to use the website for the next collaborative purchase of malt by the co-operative.

In answer to a couple of queries.

We split bags of the most popular speciality malts into 3kg bags because there is a demand - here are the 3kgs currently available. However, some people are asking can we establish if there is enough interest to split other malts

So we have now included a splits offers and proposals page where we are listing all the people who are wanting to share - have a look and if you want to share a split just email us at [email protected], and we will include it.

We have also included on our About Us page a note of where this round's interest is coming from (your town only) so that you can see if there is a chance to share pick up

Thanks Obadiah

I was confused with the website initially. I didn’t know how to just express an interest in the malts I wanted.

I simply needed to select them and then proceed to the checkout. At the checkout no payment was taken but there was a message to say that the order had been received.

Hi All, 500kg ordered so far this round towards the 1000kg minimum order.
Looks like we're well on the way, so please get your orders in if you want to participate this time.
Aiming for December delivery (maybe a bit sooner at this rate) so if you're planning January-March brewdays, now's the time.

We're seeking anyone wanting to share in a sack purchase of Black Malt. A member is wanting 3kg but not the full sack.
I have added it to the 3kg section, please order as normal and if we meet the full sack amount we'll go ahead, or I'll remove it from the orders if we don't.
https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=155
Cheers

Last edited:
Expressions of interest so far in this round are from the following areas

Middlewich, Cheshire

Sandbach, Cheshire

Shifnal, Shropshire

Halesowen, W Midlands

Swadlincote, Derbyshire

Warrington, Cheshire

Burton -on - Trent, Staffordshire

Orrell, Wigan

Someone (TW from Cheshire) placed this order this morning

1x Crushed Maris Otter Extra Pale Malt 25kg (Crushed Maris Otter Extra Pale Malt 25kg) £17.14
1x Crushed Light Munich Malt 3kg (Crushed Light Munich Malt 3kg) £3.00
1x Crushed Vienna Malt 3kg (Crushed Vienna Malt 3kg) £3.00

It looks like, that you may have not received confirmation emails from our system - We are receiving an Undeliverable message from the email address provided - it looks like a scientific server - it says 550 message blocked

If this is you, please email us at [email protected] so we can resolve it

Many thanks

I've put an request in. If either the Burton or Swadlincote buyers can get in touch regarding maybe joint pickup - that would be great!

It's obvious that people are now beginning to use the website for the next collaborative purchase of malt by the co-operative.

In answer to a couple of queries.

We split bags of the most popular speciality malts into 3kg bags because there is a demand - here are the 3kgs currently available. However, some people are asking can we establish if there is enough interest to split other malts

So we have now included a splits offers and proposals page where we are listing all the people who are wanting to share - have a look and if you want to share a split just email us at [email protected], and we will include it.

We have also included on our About Us page a note of where this round's interest is coming from (your town only) so that you can see if there is a chance to share pick up
Can you access the ‘split offers and proposals page’ from the website or only through the link in your post ?

Someone (TW from Cheshire) placed this order this morning

1x Crushed Maris Otter Extra Pale Malt 25kg (Crushed Maris Otter Extra Pale Malt 25kg) £17.14
1x Crushed Light Munich Malt 3kg (Crushed Light Munich Malt 3kg) £3.00
1x Crushed Vienna Malt 3kg (Crushed Vienna Malt 3kg) £3.00

It looks like, that you may have not received confirmation emails from our system - We are receiving an Undeliverable message from the email address provided - it looks like a scientific server - it says 550 message blocked

If this is you, please email us at [email protected] so we can resolve it

Many thanks
Just done. Unbelievably I just bumped into Chopps at a work thing and he recognised my name and we had a good chat!

Thank you to everyone who has now paid for the latest order - everyone paid so promptly.

The order has now gone into Crisp, and we expect it will arrive here in Sandbach, late next week or early the next. I will, of course, keep you all posted and send individual emails with exact details when we have it confirmed

Many thanks all

Co-operative Group Buy No. 5 has now arrived

1635946814933.png

Thank you every who has taken part. I'll email everyone separately with collection details

The malt specification file for this delivery can be found at the link below

https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back