The next Malt buy by the South Cheshire Co-operative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a comment - I've seen various professional brewers commenting on the size of the price increases for long-term purchases of malt, of the order of 50% - they're complaining that the new prices look like retail prices rather than wholesale! So if you can afford to do so and have the storage space, it's probably no bad thing to stock up as much as you can now, before the new season price rises hit.

If you think about it, malt is a combination of grain and a whole lot of energy (usually gas) - both of which have gone through the roof recently due to world events.

Just a comment - I've seen various professional brewers commenting on the size of the price increases for long-term purchases of malt, of the order of 50% - they're complaining that the new prices look like retail prices rather than wholesale! So if you can afford to do so and have the storage space, it's probably no bad thing to stock up as much as you can now, before the new season price rises hit.

If you think about it, malt is a combination of grain and a whole lot of energy (usually gas) - both of which have gone through the roof recently due to world events.
Quite agree NB

Plus much higher fertiliser costs

We have been given prices that will apply for the whole of 2022 - I guess they have their prices fairly tied down with their suppliers for this year. We know from other sources that the prices we currently pay are very keen, and so we will keep that going as long as we can

We may build up stock as the year goes on, but we all run this from our garages, so our space is limited.

Probably good advice though if you have the space

I may have already asked this, apologies if so, but what maltster were the 3kg bags of melanoidin malt that were available for the group buy around May last year? I want to make sure I'm using the right data in Brewfather.

I may have already asked this, apologies if so, but what maltster were the 3kg bags of melanoidin malt that were available for the group buy around May last year? I want to make sure I'm using the right data in Brewfather.
No you have not already asked, artist previously known as JJSH

Attached is the certificate of analysis for the bacth

Attachments

• Delivery Number _ 80052113[285074].pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back