The party with no name.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2017 a General Election was called, the Labour Party increased their numbers in Parliament by an additional THIRTY MP's and the Conservative Party now has to reply on the support of the Democratic Unionist Party to support them.

I vote for the party not the leader, i have already said i liked JC when he took the reins but he has in my view been to weak if you honestly believe JC is the best man for the job nothing i say is going to change your mind i do not believe he is for the reasons i have stated and nothing you say is going to change mine but at least i know i am not imagining it -

8 FEBRUARY 2019 • 2:05PM

Dissatisfaction in Jeremy Corbyn has risen to be the highest on record for an opposition leader, according to polling.

Some 72 per cent of the population are not happy with the way that Corbyn is doing his job, according to Ipsos Mori, beating the previous highest figure for an opposition leader of 69 per cent by Michael Foot.

This figure is also the joint highest for any Labour leader - whether in opposition or in power - tying with Gordon Brown during the height of the financial crash.

Fewer than one in five - some 17 per cent - say that they are satisfied with the way Mr Corbyn is doing his job as Leader of the Opposition.

This has dropped 10 points since December, and now sits at the the...

PM%20-%20Corbyn%20Satis%20-%20Feb19.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ction-rating-now-highest-recorded-opposition/

Last edited:
I think most western politicians approval ratings are at all time lows at the moment except Trump though his have taken a dive since the shutdown thing. Corbyn has the same issue as many US Democrats which are they have alot of hard core supporters that will vote for them whatever so they double down on what they want which is the opposite to what could make them appeal to undecided voters.

I may have become very cynical over the many years I have been on this planet but my view on the big two parties is the **** into different sides of the same pot, labour are not in it for us and I imagine many vote for them because there is no other option (I have done this for years) they make all the right noises to get into power but they never tell us how they can afford to do what they pledge and when then do get in they rarely implement what they pledged (and that goes for both parties) it's time for a change and I hope the indipendant group can come together and form a new party which will cater for both sides then I will be able to vote for a party I think will make a difference.

Labour needs the Tories; the Tories need Labour, ying and yang. Or that's how it used to be when they were really the only two parties. There's a line in the best film ever made - Withnail & I - which sums that situation up perfectly: "Shat on by the Tories, swept up by Labour". Only for the cycle to repeat. Nowadays though, things are changing. Won't be long before they both cease to exist.

Nowadays though, things are changing. Won't be long before they both cease to exist.

I do hope you are right Gunge i am tired of this lot as i said in my post
"my view on the big two parties is the **** into different sides of the same pot"
it is time for a change.

Last edited:
He's completely out of his depth, It's like he'd plant a row of onions down at the allotment in the morning then could easily change his mind, dig em up and plant cabbages, blows with the wind.
And that wind is the bullies and bigots of Momentum.
He'll keep Labour out of power.

I am glad i am not the only one that sees it.

I am glad i am not the only one that sees it.

I remember my son voted for him, 'Why do you like him?;
; He said he's going to wipe out student loans'.
That lasted till the week after the election!
Like Clegg and the table he set up to sign those promises, worth about as much as a double glazing guys 30 year guarantee!
Corbin is a Union rep that fell into the job he supposed to have now, he might be an affable guy but not a leader, he's got too many hands up his back making his lips move.

Corbin's in bed with Islamists, has been for a long time
Hi!
Get it right - Corbyn has given political support to the Palestian people's desire to get back their land, stolen by the state of Israel. We shouldn't accept any nation simply grabbing territory that is part of another nation - we went to war over the Falklands.

Hi!
Get it right - Corbyn has given political support to the Palestian people's desire to get back their land, stolen by the state of Israel. We shouldn't accept any nation simply grabbing territory that is part of another nation - we went to war over the Falklands.
Corbin is a bedfellow and enabler of Islamists, a good chunk of the new labour intake in London and where I live etc are Mohammedans who are happy for Mohammedans to ' steal land' but object to Jews, Hamas say Israel has no right to exist, full stop, if they killed all the Jews they'd then want a Blasphemy law, gays killed etc, etc,. so as far as I see they have no legitimate argument, like it or not those Jews are not going anywhere.
Hamas still has on its website that ' protocols of the Elders of Zion **** I think, Hamas more or less exists to hate Jews as a religious duty and ' Palestinians can go **** themselves as far as they are concerned, they've killed enough of them.it's a religious thing.
There are Palestinians who want to be free of Hamas, one step back from ISIS.
If they were a more reasonable, rational lot then maybe things might be different I suppose.
The falklands, was protected from a military Junta, any question of sovereignty is up to the people living there as I see it.
Mostly of British descent but French, Scandinavian etc, etc.
Apples and oranges.
Many Israelis don't agree with supporting the occupied territories as it happens but nothing will ever happen while Corbins pathological Jew haters are threatening to drive all the Jews into the sea.

'We shouldn't accept any nation simply grabbing territory that is part of another nation'
It happens all the time, China/ Tibet, India/ Pakistan etc, I seem to remember what started the **** storm in the 60's was when all the Arab states decided to get rid of Israel but it didn't work out.
Before the Arabs stole all the land there about there were Persians, Zoroastrians, Christians, Jews etc all over the place.
Who stole land from who? Who did you steal that stolen land from?
We are where we are and people won't get on with the neighbor if they say my sky wizard says I'm to wipe you out.
Jezza will go to the ' benefit concert' but won't help one bit.

There's a line in the best film ever made - Withnail & I - which sums that situation up perfectly: "Shat on by the Tories, swept up by Labour".
So many quotes it's hard to choose but here's one that suits you I think:

Withnail : I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze!

:D

Was it last week or the week before they were discussing another cold war when they close down the shipyards and he skills have been lost keep your fingers crossed some country doesn't take advantage of that fact.

If we are discussing saving money to fund NHS, education and i had to choose between scrapping trident or HS2 it would be HS2 that would be scrapped and that is not just a decision based on my location.

HS2 needs scrapping too, on that we can agree, biggest "joke" (except nobody is laughing, except for the companies that are been paid for the surveys, the lawyers been paid to issue compulsory purchase orders etc...). However, you need to realise that having nuclear capability would NOT protect us should a cold war go hot, on the contrary it would make us a target. If nuclear war broke out, the first thing you do is you strike the nuclear capable allies of your enemy, before they can launch a retaliation strike against you and/or your allies. A tiny nation like ours having nuclear capability is a joke to be quite honest. We should worry far more about information warfare to be quite honest though, as that is where future warfare will be fought and won. Oh wait, it already has been, with the sheep leading themselves to the shearing sheds in this country, feeding the greed of the wealthy elite who are the ones who actually profit from the manufacture of heavy and nuclear arms, whilst bleating "give us jobs, and protect us from this terrifyingly vague threat you keep bringing out when you need to!". Investing in our police would be a good idea too, as they're the guys who protect us from genuine threats, it's the cuts in investment there that have truly proven fatal to our way of life since we first got lumbered with the tories (I'm including the supposed coalition government period in this). This very Snug has evidence of this, with all of the discussions about the latest stabbings, acid attacks etc, as crime rates go up, whilst still the scum bags governing us cut cut cut! Yet at the same time they spend spend spend, just not where they should spend is all....

Yet for some reason, Jeremy Corbyn is the one considered unsuited to lead our country? We've had 2 consecutive tory leaders prove categorically that they're definitely not suited.... Talk about the biggest flim flam job ever! The press can really take pride in an excellent job here, almost as good as the job they did convincing the nation that Ed Milliband was a bad idea based on how he ate his bacon sandwich... Heck, they even have my mum convinced! She can't actually tell me why exactly, but she just doesn't trust Jeremy Corbyn you see..... Probably because she too belongs to a generation convinced that having nukes is essential to the safety of the nation, rather than realising that it paints a massive target on us....

HS2 needs scrapping too, on that we can agree, biggest "joke" (except nobody is laughing, except for the companies that are been paid for the surveys, the lawyers been paid to issue compulsory purchase orders etc...). However, you need to realise that having nuclear capability would NOT protect us should a cold war go hot, on the contrary it would make us a target. If nuclear war broke out, the first thing you do is you strike the nuclear capable allies of your enemy, before they can launch a retaliation strike against you and/or your allies. A tiny nation like ours having nuclear capability is a joke to be quite honest. We should worry far more about information warfare to be quite honest though, as that is where future warfare will be fought and won. Oh wait, it already has been, with the sheep leading themselves to the shearing sheds in this country, feeding the greed of the wealthy elite who are the ones who actually profit from the manufacture of heavy and nuclear arms, whilst bleating "give us jobs, and protect us from this terrifyingly vague threat you keep bringing out when you need to!". Investing in our police would be a good idea too, as they're the guys who protect us from genuine threats, it's the cuts in investment there that have truly proven fatal to our way of life since we first got lumbered with the tories (I'm including the supposed coalition government period in this). This very Snug has evidence of this, with all of the discussions about the latest stabbings, acid attacks etc, as crime rates go up, whilst still the scum bags governing us cut cut cut! Yet at the same time they spend spend spend, just not where they should spend is all....

Yet for some reason, Jeremy Corbyn is the one considered unsuited to lead our country? We've had 2 consecutive tory leaders prove categorically that they're definitely not suited.... Talk about the biggest flim flam job ever! The press can really take pride in an excellent job here, almost as good as the job they did convincing the nation that Ed Milliband was a bad idea based on how he ate his bacon sandwich... Heck, they even have my mum convinced! She can't actually tell me We shouldn't accept any nation simply grabbing territory that is part of another nationrominent dithering incompetantwhy exactly, but she just doesn't trust Jeremy Corbyn you see..... Probably because she too belongs to a generation convinced that having nukes is essential to the safety of the nation, rather than realising that it paints a massive target on us....
you know, nobody said Corbin was the only one not suited to govern the country.He's just the most prominent dithering candidate just now.
His incompetence has all but destroyed the Labor party in the eyes of those who've spent their lives rooting for it
.The current and earlier Tory incompetents are no better than the previous Labor buggers who blew all the countries' cash.
They are all a bloody shower!
I think your Mum has a point.
Think she'd give me the job?

Was thinking if I got the job of PM the first thing I'd do would be to introduce prohibition and reduce the taxes on malt, then everybody would have to brew their own.

On this Thread I've seen so many religious misconceptions that I am appalled at the lack of understanding.

I consider myself very lucky to have had the time to read the Christian Bible, the Muslim Koran, the Hindi Bhavagad Gita and the Sikh Guru Granth Sahib and ALL of them teach tolerance of other religions.

As it has been mentioned, I would like to point out that verse 5.69 in the Koran says:

“Truly the believers and the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believeth in God and the Last Day and doeth deeds of piety – no fear shall come upon them neither shall they grieve”

On the Christian side of the fence, Pope Pius XI said:

“Do not think that you are going among infidels. Muslims attain to Salvation. The ways to God are infinite.”

In the Gospels of both Luke and Mathew there is a saying that goes something like:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

About 10 years ago, due to a lack of people attending the services, the Bishop of Derby had to deconsecrate and shutdown the church in which I was Christened.

This is amazing, because if everyone who have made negative comments about Islam (which means "submission to God" incidentally) had attended their local church it would have been crammed to the rafters!

I could give them a name but they wont like it. By the way JC darns his own socks.

When I left home to go to sea, the first thing my Mum threw into my kit-bag was a darning kit that comprised darning wool, needle and mushroom. Today, I doubt if any 17 year old would even know what a "darning mushroom" looks like never mind how to use one!

Until I was about 20 years old, all of my socks were home-knitted by my Mum and by the time she said "You may as well throw them away." the toes and heels of the socks were more "darn" than "sock"!

Happy Days!

After reading this thread is it me who see's the use of JC in capitals for Corbin as he is seen by some people as the messiah?

Back