The Prodigy's Keith Flint dies aged 49

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Formed in the 90's they were brilliant as the article says -

"I can't believe I'm saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend"

Awful news.

(Read more below)

Instantly recognisable by his fluorescent spiked hair and known for high-octane performances, Flint sang lead vocals on both the band's number one singles, Breathe and Firestarter.

He was found dead at his home in Dunmow, Essex, on Monday morning.

The band, who were due to tour the US in May, confirmed his death in a statement, remembering Flint as a "true pioneer, innovator and legend".

In a post on The Prodigy's official Instagram account, bandmate Liam Howlett added: "I can't believe I'm saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend.

"I'm shell-shocked... angry, confused and heartbroken."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47442312

Last edited:
I went to (too) many raves in the late 80's and early 90's, and prodigy were always there playing or just raving (in the early days) with the rest of us. A true party starter that's a fact. Very sad news.

Saw them at an all nighter at Brixton in 96, amazing front man, so much energy,
Sad news, R.I.P Keith.

Pretty shocked by this one. Very sad that someone so successful, and talented could be so sad that they consider taking their own life. I have many a fond memory of the rave / dance culture of the late 80's and early 90's, and he was a giant on that scene.

I went to (too) many raves in the late 80's and early 90's, and prodigy were always there playing or just raving (in the early days) with the rest of us. A true party starter that's a fact. Very sad news.

Me too buddy, best days of my life the legal and illegal rave scene.
Saw him many times and such a shame.

Sad news indeed, saw them way back in the early 90's at Doncaster dome. when I was still a singer my metal band used to throw in a cover of breathe at the end of the set, hardcore style. RIP

@DavidHatton Metal and rave eh. In the 90's (92 if i recall) I was involved with putting on one of the biggest indoor raves of it's time, billed as Judgement Day at Stafford Bingly Hall. Along with a top line up of DJs we pulled in Altern 8 (a couple of Staffs Ladsathumb..) to open and we got prodigy to headline. Keith and Maxim came on stage as witch doctors, and the band went through an insane routine where they exercised the ghost of heavy rock, which the venue was famous for through the 80s. During the ritual Keith smashed a guitar on stage, and then their set kicked off. The crown went totally off the scale, give me goosebumps just remembering it. Great blokes all of them, trailblazers and KF is a true legend.

Was a big rave head back in my school days in early 90s, listening to fantasia and resurrection. As I 'matured' onto new music tastes the prodigy have always remained a mainstay of my music collection throughout all of the subsequent grunge, britpop, indie, rock stages of my life. Sad news.

Same for me @Stephenj , their music as has always been there. Liam is a total music genius, you can hear metal, grunge and reggae through all his production. Metal, reggae and rave..I'm inathumb..

Sad to hear this.
I put a stupidly oversized sound system in my first car when I was 17 and that bass line from Smack my Bitch Up was f***ing brutal with the volume cranked up. Even though I'm more of a metal head I played Fat of the Land to death back in the day, great stuff.

Latest posts

Back