The Range make your own rosé wine kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have any members made the new boxed and old version of this kit, if you have did you notice the new one doesn't seem to clear as fast or well as the original, we have made two of the new ones leaving 3 and 4 days after degassing and adding finings etc, neither cleared properly which is strange as i have never had a problem with the older kits which were usually clear after 48 hours.

I made one recently, followed the instructions to the letter and it cleared within 48 hours...it did exactly what it said on the tin!
Its very nice, I didn't add any further sugar either as it was quite sweet. Very impressed with it, others who I gave a bottle to sample enjoyed it also

You are right it is nice especially at the price, I have made many gallons of the stuff in the past its just the last two kits that have been a problem i may degas then add the fining next time, i usually chuck the stabiliser and part 1 finning in together as i hadn't had any problem previously.

I put the stabiliser in, then degassed it, then added finings A, left it for an hour then added finings B. Couldn't believe how quick it cleared as it was my first attempt at a wine kit. Will definitely be getting more...when I can. SWMBO isn't a fan of wine but she likes this one, think its because it is sweet.

I am begging to wonder if when they made the recent brand change they also changed the fining in the kit as i have never had this problem before, i will try using the stabiliser and fining desperately next time i make a Rose, i currently have the MYO Red on the go.

Would anybody be able to tell me what colour rose is it supposed to be? I have done one just now. Fermented and put the finings in now and waiting for it to clear. However from the start it was more of a orange hue rose - it will probably change the colour but the colour of juice from the pouch was more dark orange than reddish. Thank you. First time doing this kit but done rose kit recently and that was more of a rose colour than this one.

Mine have always been a light red colour the only time it looks a bit different is when you stir the sediment back in when degassing.

Oh ok. Was a bit strange when opened the juice pack- thought it was off colour... maybe got a different batch, tastes ok at the moment. Still more pale orange than rose... hopefully works out ok.

This is how it looks like. Definitely orange and not rose :( the pouch when opened was also this colour but much darker. Still hoped it would work out ok. Not sure ..does it look right?.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 52
Should have known better to be honest. When I opened the bag and saw the dark browny orange syrup (smelled a bit of marshmallows or golden syrup) l thought it looked off :( what a shame. Have a FV full of this now...

That doesn't look right at all I would email them the picture and ask for a new kit to be sent as compensation.

I wonder if they put the juice for a white kit in by mistake.

If it tastes like white wine and doesn't smell bad I would drink it.

I wonder if they put the juice for a white kit in by mistake.

If it tastes like white wine and doesn't smell bad I would drink it.
Defo not white. Looks like it was oxidised juice or something? Bottled and see if it improves. Does not taste like vinegar but has got that apple sauce/marshmallow sniff about it. Did not want to dump it all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 56
What a shame. Did not improve at all even when chilled. So gutted! Had high hopes for this one as him indoors likes that barefoot rose ... must have been off kit :( the rose WOW is great but might be too dry for him (nothing a bit of strawberry squash can not sort out). Well. Contacted the manufacturer, not sure if I did anything wrong as it’s so straight forward. Hopefully they come back to me. It did taste like oxidised wine so wonder if the juice got off in the bag? Will leave it a while before attempting another one. Not sure how it should taste but for comparison pic of WOW rose and the range Looks really browny orange and that how the juice looked like to start with.

Attachments

• 045ED79F-86AF-42DD-8B42-8D9A3049D229.jpeg
    045ED79F-86AF-42DD-8B42-8D9A3049D229.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 68
Contacted the manufacturer, not sure if I did anything wrong as it’s so straight forward. Hopefully they come back to me.

You should get a refund there is no way that is the juice you get with the rose kit and it doesn't look like white mine was a lot clearer than that.

They used to sponsor us when they were rebranding - Make Your Own Drinks Survey

You should get a refund there is no way that is the juice you get with the rose kit and it doesn't look like white mine was a lot clearer than that.
Thank you! That’s what I thought. Did smell weird to start with but as it was my first one of those kits ploughed on... even though I am not a expensive wine drinker I could not get on with this one. I am sure it’s really seldom but this kit was not right. Bad luck I suppose. Waiting for them to come back to me. Still kept a bottle if they need a sample. Thank you for your help Chippy. As it was my first one of the range ones was not sure if that’s how they turned out. Might give another one a go in future.

We have made all the wine kits and they have all been good we now make the Red kit when we can get it as for us it tastes more like a midway between a Rose and a Red, we are not keen on full bodied reds so the MYO Red kit is perfect.

I emailed MYO customer support and asked them to look at the thread, they sent this earlier i will update the thread when they contact me again.

mmmmmmmm.jpg

Sam
(Bevie)

Jun 30, 2020, 12:41 AM GMT+1

Good day,

Thank you for your email and feedback.

We will pass this across to the relevant team who will get in touch,

Warm regards

Sam Bevie Customer Experience Advocate

Due to COVID-19, we are still seeing a large increase in enquiries. Please bear with us as we work through them.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for doing this. I have emailed their customer support but have not heard back yet. Thank you again

Back