The Range MYO American IPA suggestions please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, I just picked this up for £14, it says just add 1kg of dextrose. Any suggestions on what else I could use to make it better and possibly more hops to add to get it near to a brewdog punk. I was going to move up to AG and try the official recipe but the missus has put it on hold because of the current climate.
IMG_20201022_172224.jpg

If you haven't done it before why not buy another one if you think its a good purchase. Then do this one as suggested, see what its like, and then decide how much you want to change the second one. Dumping additional hops and other stuff into something about which you know very little, or following other people's suggestions which may not match your own taste requirements may end up in disappointment.
In the meantime Brewdog publish their alleged recipes here
https://brewdogrecipes.com/

Hi, I just picked this up for £14, it says just add 1kg of dextrose. Any suggestions on what else I could use to make it better and possibly more hops to add to get it near to a brewdog punk. I was going to move up to AG and try the official recipe but the missus has put it on hold because of the current climate. View attachment 34450
1 kg. dme.

I used 1kg of Muntons enhancer for this and added 50g of Olicana. Whilst it was pleasant enough I do wish I had tried the original recipe first before tweaking.

Sometimes less is more. I made this kit short at 19 litres. I didn’t add the 1kg of sugar called for in the recipe as with 2.5kg of malt in the kit, I reckoned that was enough. Came out at 4.3% ABV and what a good IPA it is. I am not a fan of bland Green King IPA types, but this one is more a cask Thornbridge Jaipur, albeit a little dumbed down. At £14.99 it’s fantastic value and I shall be doing this one again probably with just 500g DME to get it around 5% ABV.

Latest posts

Back