The Range MYO Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1611

Reaction score
The range have knocked £4 off their wine kits ,think it may also include cider n beer but not sure .The white comes down to £15.99 and Red n Rose 20.99 .Prices instore havnt changed but they deduct £4 per kit at checkout .The online price shows the discount already applied :)

Thanks for posting, we buy the Rose kit regularly and last time we got the discount but i forgot to post it here.

Must admit once you leave them for a couple of months they really are not bad. The red is the nearest i've tried so far to red wine :) and its cheap as chips now

Must admit once you leave them for a couple of months they really are not bad. The red is the nearest i've tried so far to red wine :) and its cheap as chips now

Really?

I must say that I've never done a MYO red thinking that as they only weigh just over 2kg they wouldn't be much cop. Did a red from the Solomon Grundy Gold range a few years ago and it tasted like artificial wine, not natural at all. Put it down to the lack of juice (1.8kg).
That put me off kits that you need to add extra sugar to.

Would you say the MYO is on par with, say, cellar 7 kits and the like?

Cheers Tom

Our store kept running out of rose and white so we tried the red we liked it but only because its not like an expensive bottle of Red wine which we are not keen on, i would describe it as half way between a red and rose, everyone's tastes are different so you may think its great or awful but at this price its got to be worth a try.

I'm not against lighter bodied reds, it's the flavour of the cheap kits (up to now) that has put me off. As long as there's a decent bit of fruity flavour in it I'd be happy. What's the betting that by the time I get my @rse into gear and go to the Range they'll be out of stock? 🙁

Cheers Tom

I try to avoid paying for delivery whenever possible. Sad though it is, I get a strange feeling of satisfaction whenever an order of mine just gets over the free delivery threshold 😁
Shame The Range doesn't offer it.

Oh and it is the wine I'm looking into not the IPA, although a friend of mine has done it and was quite impressed.

Cheers Tom

After reading about these kits on here we have done the rose and really like it, without adding the extra sugar at the end. I bottled the red last week and that tasted pretty good too (might just need to do a taste test this afternoon). I have the white going at the moment and that will be bottled by the end of the week, so will know how that tastes soon. But I will be getting another rose on the go as soon as soon as the bucket gets emptied as this seems to be everyone's favourite at the moment so could be shooting back down to get another pack. ashock1

The only other kits I had done previously were Wine buddy Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon and I think we much prefer the MYO ones.

Keep us posted.

That reminds me i have a Rose to put on before the game starts better get my **** into gear.

Last edited:
Would the rosé kit lend itself to keg carbonation would you think?
I'm keen to produce a sparkling Rosé but I'm aware that carbonation causes a tart/acidic dimension.
Reminds me of a drunken party where we decided to see if you could make sparkling red wine in the sodaStream machine.
Didn't end well.

Would the rosé kit lend itself to keg carbonation would you think?
I'm keen to produce a sparkling Rosé but I'm aware that carbonation causes a tart/acidic dimension.

I have never tried to make sparkling wine so it may be worth trying the wine forums as i can remember some members have.

Picked the kit up today.
They took £4 of the £20 shelf price 👍
Luckily I read the box and picked up 4kg of dextrose at the same time. Sneaky.

I assume dextrose will be superior to standard granulated house sugar?
Interested to see it described as a peachy orange colour, different 🤔

I'm feeling quite excited to get it going... 🤣

Latest posts

Back