The Range MYO Kits

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was surprised to see it still it was still there after all this time, i guess they will get notifications when someone completes it.

soupdragon

Reaction score
I signed up for being a guinea pig taster while I was doing it 🙂 Doubt I'll get an invite after all the time that's passed though.
Bevie is only about half an hour's drive from me. They were recruiting a few years ago but I was still gainfully employed elsewhere at the time. Would have been interesting.

Cheers Tom

soupdragon

Reaction score
I've just had a thought.
Does the MYO juice pouch contain any sugars? I know that the £30-40 kits I usually do contain added sugar in the compound but "no additional sugar is required".
I'm wondering if the MYO kits are just the grape component without sugar added. I get that you need to add 3.5-4kg of sugar to these kits but if you could take the inclusive sugars out of a cellar 7 for example, would what's left weigh about the same as is supplied with the MYO kits?
Hope that makes sense 🤔

Cheers Tom
Daughter has just picked one up for me. £25.99 on the shelf but £20.99 at checkout 😀 Will have a read of the pack and see if I can decipher the ingredients list 🥸

Cheers Tom

soupdragon

Reaction score
I've just had a thought.
Does the MYO juice pouch contain any sugars? I know that the £30-40 kits I usually do contain added sugar in the compound but "no additional sugar is required".
I'm wondering if the MYO kits are just the grape component without sugar added. I get that you need to add 3.5-4kg of sugar to these kits but if you could take the inclusive sugars out of a cellar 7 for example, would what's left weigh about the same as is supplied with the MYO kits?
Hope that makes sense 🤔

Cheers Tom
IMG_20210721_163610.jpg

So 65% x 2.2kg = 1.43kg of pure juice stuff. An unknown amount of elderberry and blueberry concentrate on top of that too. Thing that surprised me is the inclusion of a packet of oak chips. Don't know how the 1.43kg compares to the amount in the cellar 7's of this world but the proof will be in the tasting.
Unfortunately I won't get around to doing this for a few months but will post comment when first tasted.
Oh, there's some grape skin extract on there too 😎

Cheers Tom