The Range MYO Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea how long these might be on offer for? I'll probably get one but it might not be for a month or so

Cheers Tom
No idea how long, as I bought my first Rose and red back in May. I did go to the shop a couple of weeks ago and still on offer. But you could always order online if you are worried. Delivery charge is only £3.95 I am hoping to go tomorrow so I will ask.

Delivery charges 😲😲😲
Try to avoid them wherever possible. Got a store about 25 min drive from where I live but I'll probably wait till we go to................

Grimsby 😎

Nice weekend away with Mrs Soupdragon, I'll get one there

Cheers Tom

Delivery charges 😲😲😲
Try to avoid them wherever possible. Got a store about 25 min drive from where I live but I'll probably wait till we go to................

Grimsby 😎

Nice weekend away with Mrs Soupdragon, I'll get one there

Cheers Tom
Only reason I ordered online was I was unable to drive after ankle op until about 2 weeks ago and I knew hubby wouldn't get it for me. But now I know he loves the rosé I know he would if I asked him now 🤣

Only reason I ordered online was I was unable to drive after ankle op until about 2 weeks ago and I knew hubby wouldn't get it for me. But now I know he loves the rosé I know he would if I asked him now 🤣

You should have dropped some gentle hints. Then a gentleman would offer to do the right thing. We do need a prod now and again though as we can be a bit slow on the uptake 😆

Cheers Tom

[pedant mode on]
Wouldn't a 50 minute drive cost more than £3:95?
[pedant mode off]

;)

According to fueleconomy.co.uk a 15 mile ish round trip @ 55mpg would cost
£1.67 with petrol costing £1.35/litre. So no, but I wasn't planning on driving there. Was going to wait till we were going to Grimsby to get one

Cheers Tom

According to fueleconomy.co.uk a 15 mile ish round trip @ 55mpg would cost
£1.67 with petrol costing £1.35/litre. So no, but I wasn't planning on driving there. Was going to wait till we were going to Grimsby to get one

I would probably cover at least 35 miles in 50 minutes here ;)

I've just had a thought.
Does the MYO juice pouch contain any sugars? I know that the £30-40 kits I usually do contain added sugar in the compound but "no additional sugar is required".
I'm wondering if the MYO kits are just the grape component without sugar added. I get that you need to add 3.5-4kg of sugar to these kits but if you could take the inclusive sugars out of a cellar 7 for example, would what's left weigh about the same as is supplied with the MYO kits?
Hope that makes sense 🤔

Cheers Tom

Having given this a little thought when we make 22.5 litres of supermarket juice wine we add 4000g of sugar as the cartons of juice have roughly 1500g and you need to aim for 5500g total sugar for 13% ABV.

Taking that into consideration i would assume the MYO juice does contain sugar.

Have just emailed them to ask the question. Be interesting to see if I get a useful answer. Time will tell.

Cheers Tom

I think you will get an answer the brand Manager is a member and was very open about what they were doing, has not posted for a while -

1626551341618.png

Samuel Williams
Make Your Own Drinks Brand Manager

New Member · From Ellesmere Port
Joined Oct 23, 2018
Last seen Jun 30, 2020

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/make-your-own-drinks-survey.79215/
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/make-your-own-kits.82784/post-838171
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/the-range-bitter-kit.83083/post-838169

Last on line June 2020?

Maybe they got the information they wanted and didn't feel the need to keep posting.
Being made by the same people as mangrove jack should mean they're a decent product.
I'm surprised that the manufacturers in general don't have more of a presence on home brew forums. An inside track into what works for the people that spend their money should be a positive thing surely? I'm sure their own tasting panels and product development people are up to the job but getting the opinion of the people who actually use their products should be something to take on board?

Cheers Tom

I'm sure their own tasting panels and product development people are up to the job but getting the opinion of the people who actually use their products should be something to take on board?

I agree, £25 a month is not a huge amount to advertise especially when you see figures of members 67 and guests 823 (as i type) which we have most of the day.

This probably told him all he needed to know at the time -

Make Your Own Drinks Customer Survey (surveymonkey.co.uk)

Back