The Range store make your own rosé wine. (rebranded 20/8/2019)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As the title says this is the rebranded and now boxed version of the kit i have made many times.

My review of the old version is HERE

The only difference i can see is the yeast and nutrient pack looks half the size of the original and the instructions are now printed on top of the box rather than on a piece of A4 paper inside.

The box contains the juice pouch, oak chips, wine yeast & nutrient, finings A & B and stabiliser.

You need to add 3.5 KG of sugar and as with the old kit it suggests you add 600g after its fermented to sweeten i didn't add this to the old kit as it was already sweet enough so i will not add it to this one either.

I will finish this review when its bottled. thumb.

IMG-20191006-133230966.jpg

IMG-20191006-133035602.jpg

Last edited:
Bottled last night and I can confirm it's the same as the original, well worth a try if you have a store near you or are happy to pay for delivery.

My review of the old version is HERE

We have been struggling to get any of the MYO kits at our local Range store (in the next town) due to them selling like hot cakes so SWMBO checked online and found you can get home delivery for £3.95, she ordered two kits expecting the postage price to double it didn't and the well packaged boxes turned up two days later, at that price i doubt we will visit the store next time we need a kit if we are not going to the town for anything else.

We have made the Rose and White and they were good we haven't made Cider or Beer, i am lead to believe these kits are made by Muntons so they should all be fine.

These are reviews of the kits before re-branding, i am fairly sure they use the same ingredients in the rebranded versions as we haven't noticed any change in quality.

The Range "Make Your Own" Apple Cider kit

The Range "Make Your Own" Red Wine Kit - Chippy_tea

The Range "Make your own" Red - Gorty

The Range "Make your own" Rose

The Range "make your own" White Wine

Last edited:
I've just ordered one of the Rosé kits to give it a go. Wife and I prefer dry wines, but occasionally enjoy a bottle of Mateus which got me thinking about this kit... My intention (may be silly) is to keg 19 litres of it to have draft "Mateus" in the fridge and bottle the rest.

Silly? Probably. I'll report back later...

Turned out pretty good, a lot nicer than I expected. I didn't add the sugar after the stabiliser as, like I said, we prefer dryer wines. Kegging and lightly carbonating the wine added a nice amount of detectible carbonic bite. Even my wife was impressed :)

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_142300.jpg
    IMG_20201121_142300.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 85
Glad you like it.

Its our go to kit and we have been making them for a while, i have read they are made by Muntons which would explain why its nothing like wine made with a cheap kit.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a couple of these kits and see that they say to add 3.5kg of white sugar or 4kg of brewing sugar. Does anyone know why this is? Does brewing sugar produce a lower ABV than regular sugar or is it a flavour thing?

did this one 6 weeks ago and its a nice drop i added the 600g of sugar after brewing as i prefer a little sweeter wine there is a nice fruity taste to it aswell also done the stout and IPA both good for the price.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a couple of these kits and see that they say to add 3.5kg of white sugar or 4kg of brewing sugar. Does anyone know why this is? Does brewing sugar produce a lower ABV than regular sugar or is it a flavour thing?
I decided to email the company about this and got this response. Every day is a school day.

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

This is because sucrose table sugar is more fermentable than Dextrose.
Meaning, table sugar just has a higher content of sugars.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions at all.
Kindest regards"

Latest posts

Back