The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodies on Netflix. Never seen anything quite like this. Absorbing and original.

Mr & Mrs Smith. Lots of car chases and shootings but a little tongue in cheek

more crazy cult shows:
love has won. hbo max. this is really a crazy one. the cult leader drinks colloidal silver til she turns blue. literally

the garden commune or cult . hbo max. i cant figure out if this is a documentary or a semi scripted reality show.

The signal on Netflix, German (dubbed) keeps you guessing until the end and makes you wonder "would they really do that ?". Sadly I think they would.

They do play, shall we say, fast and loose, with the laws of physics at the end but it doesn't spoil it (and a lot of people probably wouldn't notice it, my wife is always complaining about me noticing things :rolleyes:. You know the stuff "He had the gun in his left hand a second ago", "According to the clock on the wall its been exactly 5 past 7 for the last ten minutes", "How come she's just been rescued from the sea half an hour ago and her clothes are dry". Don't sit next to me in a cinema :laugh8:).

Try Golden Hour on Netflix. Dutch terrorist thriller. Real edge-of-the-seat stuff. Also Public Enemy on Netflix which is Southern Belgian so in French not Flemish. Really draws you in. Plus there have been so many excellent non-UK dramas on C4 in the Walter Presents section like, When the dust settles, The Team, The Bridge (may have been BBC4 that one), The Twelve (original Belgian version) etc. Incidentally I will always watch in sub-titles as dubbing can really suck and you lose nuances.

Try Golden Hour on Netflix. Dutch terrorist thriller. Real edge-of-the-seat stuff. Also Public Enemy on Netflix which is Southern Belgian so in French not Flemish. Really draws you in. Plus there have been so many excellent non-UK dramas on C4 in the Walter Presents section like, When the dust settles, The Team, The Bridge (may have been BBC4 that one), The Twelve (original Belgian version) etc. Incidentally I will always watch in sub-titles as dubbing can really suck and you lose nuances.

I'll check them out. On the Walters Presents front I got into Astrid in Paris. It was quite an education for me to see a person portraying someone with Autism and I'm watching it thinking "I do that".

I'll check them out. On the Walters Presents front I got into Astrid in Paris. It was quite an education for me to see a person portraying someone with Autism and I'm watching it thinking "I do that".
Yes, we love Astrid. A brave idea for a series. The plots are really quite secondary to the interplay between Commander Coste and Astrid, and the meetings of the support group, discussing the 'neurotypicals', are enlightening and amusing, without being exploitative in my view. Often, the UK title given to these things are ****, like 'Swingers' rather than the orginal Dutch title of 'New Neighbours', which is far more accurate. In France, the Astrid series is called 'Astrid et Rapaëlle' which is more meaningful than 'Astrid - Murder in Paris'.

Back