The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Obviously you'll be all over Engrenages (Spiral) on BBC like a rash, then, CC?

Been a great series.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
The Expanse
I have just started watching this recently, on season 2 now, initially I avoided it because although I like "quality" space movies they are few and far between and I thought this might be another Battlestar Galactica. I even started and quit after the first few minutes but then gave it another try and boy is it good. Good story-line that holds your attention, great effects like the zero G stuff and excellent space shots.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of TV so its taken me a while to get through the 5 series of Z Nation, i loved every minute if you haven't seen it its definitely worth a look.

Scottyburto

Regular.
Reaction score
I have just started watching this recently, on season 2 now, initially I avoided it because although I like "quality" space movies they are few and far between and I thought this might be another Battlestar Galactica. I even started and quit after the first few minutes but then gave it another try and boy is it good. Good story-line that holds your attention, great effects like the zero G stuff and excellent space shots.
I've been like this for the best part of a year and still not gotten the bullet. Might have to just jump in!

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALICE on Netflix , Korean time travel, detective, love story in 16 episodes. Really enjoyed it.
Just watched first episode of Dark looked good.

NPi

Regular.
Reaction score
Zeeozerozero, on Nowtv, really good action/crime drama.

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Dark is brilliant. Literally the best thing on Netflix in my book. A series that rewards a bit of effort to follow. Acting, story, and, especially, casting are wonderful.

Alice has all the Korean tropes if you watch a lot of them. It's a bit daft really, but I enjoyed it well enough.

Tanglefoot

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New series of Motherland started last week, second episode tonight BBC 9pm.

Snappy,quality comedy writing by Graham Lineham and Sharon Horgan with a great cast.

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the half way through sort of finale to The Nevers from HBO and suddenly the real annoyance of stuff seeming missed out from Ep 5 makes a whole lot more sense, and it retrospectively makes the rest of the series a whole lot smarter too. If you can put aside the plonker who directed this first set of six, then it’s a lot of fun steampunk Victorian gender politics Sci Fi - now that’s not a description I’ve ever used before!
Anna

jayk34

Landlord.
Reaction score
Forgot about it but Ted Lasso is a very good watch. Looking forward to the new series

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Fargo Season 4 is out on 4 player, very watchable though all the ads grate somewhat.
I'm watching it weekly on C4. I have it on Season Record. Then I watch it half an hour 'late'. and FF through the ads.