The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have suggested Lost In Space, might not have.
Good one.
Stranger Things I'm sure was mentioned. Crazy good.
Longmire.
30 Rock.
Schitt's Creek
And an old one: Columbo. Each episode is like a movie mystery.
Too many pages to go through to see if these have been mentioned.

Just finished watching season 1 of Messiah. It really got going towards the end, so why did Netflix pull it.
Also on Netflix, Perdida is well worth a look in.
No. I'm not going to watch reruns of Last of the Summer Wine, CC.

A bit of a second hand referral. My wife watched a series whilst I was at work for a few nights called Vigil on BBC One and said that it is something I would like. Appears to be about a death in a British navy nuclear submarine and the police, security services and navy involved in cover up. Does sound interesting, but will see.
Its ok but getting more and more far fetched as the episodes go on. I'm kind of half watching it.

Longmire.

Love Longmire, pacing is great. I spent some time on Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota and it always reminds me of my time there.

Columbo is one of my favourite series ever. The production values from the ones in the 60's & 70's are amazing. There's even one directed by Stephen Spielberg.

Might have suggested Lost In Space, might not have.
Good one.
Stranger Things I'm sure was mentioned. Crazy good.
Longmire.
30 Rock.
Schitt's Creek

Yeah Columbo always had a big following in the UK, David. 30 Rock had some great lines, Tina Fey is very talented. One I going to recommend, but unfortunately doesn't seem to be easily available now in the UK, from what I can make, is the excellent Western series Hell On Wheels.

Only saw Columbo about five years ago and I was blown away.
If I can't find Hell On Wheels here, it would be a miracle; we are completely oversaturated with streaming channels.
*First streaming channel I checked, I found it. I saw it for free. It's now $3/episode in one place. Good one. Miles Edward O'Brien of DS9 does a good job as the villain--believable.

My only experience of Columbo is an old MAD magazine article. Might check the telly prog out... 🙂

Last edited:
Not a series, but watched 'Icarus' on Netflix, a documentary about a good amateur cyclist in the States who is also a film maker. He decides to start doping in order to see what difference, if any, it makes to his performance with a view to making a documentary on it. Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it but wants to watch it, there is an enormous twist midway through the programme. It's quite incredible and one of the best sporting documentaries I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

Just started watching the 24 faces of Billy Mulligan on Netflix ,fascinating crime documentary if you like that sort of thing.

Only saw Columbo about five years ago and I was blown away.
If I can't find Hell On Wheels here, it would be a miracle; we are completely oversaturated with streaming channels.
*First streaming channel I checked, I found it. I saw it for free. It's now $3/episode in one place. Good one. Miles Edward O'Brien of DS9 does a good job as the villain--believable.
Lost its way in the last season but was excellent upto that. Western tv series are few and far between.

That's Squid Game finished. Absolutely bonkers mad, but I really enjoyed it. The last episode was maybe a slight disappointment, but the whole thing was so creative and different, that I really enjoyed watching it. Enjoy it for what it is and don't take it too seriously would be my view.

Probably a bit behind the times but just finished watching the first series (I refuse to say season 😁) of Sex Education on Netflix.

Very amusing and also involving with all the romantic twists and turns. I also quite like how they've mixed up things from different eras, it's evident there is the Internet, mobile phones and so on but all the cars are from the eighties and the fashion etc. differs too.

And Gillian Anderson is still hot 😆

Sisyphus on Netflix. Korean scifi really good by the same team that made Alice. I've watched 6 episodes of 16 and really enjoying.

Sisyphus on Netflix. Korean scifi really good by the same team that made Alice. I've watched 6 episodes of 16 and really enjoying.

I've seen that! And Alice. I remember with Sisyphus I couldn't find it on imdb. Are you a fan of the Korean series in general, Cheshire? I've seen plenty of them. They have their tropes, but they can be a lot of fun. Tunnel is another time-travel one that's not bad.

But the Daddy of all time-travel series (and not really bearing comparison with the likes of these) is the German masterpiece Dark. Just literally on the of the best two or three TV shows I have watched in my lifetime.

Only just got into Korean series with Alice and this but will watch more. I started watching Dark but stopped for some reason I'll have to restart.

Haven't seen this as only found out about it this morning, but this might be one we'll all want to watch! It's on Amazon Prime.

Beer Masters: The Search For Europe's Next Great Beer
Season 1
James Blunt and Jaega Wise host the homebrewing competition that sees Europe's best home brewers go head-to-head across five challenges brewing popular beer styles and taking on creative and technical challenges. Each episode the beers are judged by top brewmasters and beer lovers with only one team being crowned Beer Masters!

https://amzn.to/3nmFImm

Haven't seen this as only found out about it this morning, but this might be one we'll all want to watch! It's on Amazon Prime.

Beer Masters: The Search For Europe's Next Great Beer
Season 1
James Blunt and Jaega Wise host the homebrewing competition that sees Europe's best home brewers go head-to-head across five challenges brewing popular beer styles and taking on creative and technical challenges. Each episode the beers are judged by top brewmasters and beer lovers with only one team being crowned Beer Masters!

https://amzn.to/3nmFImm
Where have you been hiding for the last two week? There is a big thread about it.

Back