The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently watching The Path on Amazon. It's not bad.
Hap and Leonard I really enjoyed.
Game of Silence was OK.
Life in Pieces had me in stitches at times.
This is Us, excellent.
Mad Dogs was good.

For those who enjoy stranger things should try Dark, its German so subtitiles or dub

its very similar its a little more grown up and cleverer plot than ST.. Not saying its better, ST has things which are better but Dark really is clever

Started watching Dark at the weekend and after 3 episodes I can say I'm really enjoying it. Watching the dubbed version and just watch the top of the TV screen when there's a dialogue heavy bit, as the out of synch lips can get a bit irritating.

Anyone else enjoying the latest series of The Bridge? Currently showing on BBC2 on Friday evenings. Brilliantly done.

Breaking bad is a good shout

But if you can, try and find the original 'The Prisoner' series starring Patrick mcGoohan
It was way ahead of its time and youl be suprised at home many actors were in it you recognised later on in other programs

Started watching Dark at the weekend and after 3 episodes I can say I'm really enjoying it. Watching the dubbed version and just watch the top of the TV screen when there's a dialogue heavy bit, as the out of synch lips can get a bit irritating.
I can appreciate that, I immediately switched to subtitles..

Its later in the series especially the last 3 or so episodes where it really comes alive and it shows its clever plot.

It isn;t one for easy watching you have to follow it a bit and later on it twists and turns a lot.. But stranger things is much easier to watch and is really good too.

Just started watching 'Safe' on Netflix. Two parts in and I'm hooked. Lots of twists and turns and suspicious characters so I can already see that working out 'Whodunit' is going to be nigh on impossible.

I'll post again once I've watched all six episodes.

Just started watching 'Safe' on Netflix. Two parts in and I'm hooked. Lots of twists and turns and suspicious characters so I can already see that working out 'Whodunit' is going to be nigh on impossible.

I'll post again once I've watched all six episodes.
Safe was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you like your TV crime drama darker than an RIS (like me) check out True Detective. First season is first class. Second season is average to good but pales in comparison with the first season.

Mindhunters on Netflix is also very good - again, very dark criminal phycology stuff. Munhunt: Unabomber (also Netflix) is great too.

Reactions: NPi
There are some good documentaries on Netflix. I'm watching this one on the Vietnam war which is very well done.

Money Heist on Netflix (originally in Spanish ‘La Casa De Papel’). Two episodes to go, we are absolutely loving it.

Without reading the whole thread again..... I currently recommend on amazon prime Bosch which took no time at all to get to the 4th season. Also just started watching Start Up which is very good although the Martin Freeman character is a little wired alone with his America accent.

Still waiting for the next season of The Expanse, and Z-Nation gets a new season too. Until then: just reading old digitised magazines!

These all could have been mentioned already:
"Luther" with Idris Elba is solid.
"Blacklist" with James Spader.
"Santa Clarita Diet" Zombie comedy with Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant do a great job.
"Wallander" with Kenneth Branagh was great but sooo depressing sometimes.
"Fringe" (mentioned) is out there in a good way.
"Parks and Rec" is very well done.

I could go on for an hour but I won't.

Latest posts

Back