The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously you'll be all over Engrenages (Spiral) on BBC like a rash, then, CC?

Been a great series.

The Expanse
I have just started watching this recently, on season 2 now, initially I avoided it because although I like "quality" space movies they are few and far between and I thought this might be another Battlestar Galactica. I even started and quit after the first few minutes but then gave it another try and boy is it good. Good story-line that holds your attention, great effects like the zero G stuff and excellent space shots.

I don't watch a lot of TV so its taken me a while to get through the 5 series of Z Nation, i loved every minute if you haven't seen it its definitely worth a look.

I have just started watching this recently, on season 2 now, initially I avoided it because although I like "quality" space movies they are few and far between and I thought this might be another Battlestar Galactica. I even started and quit after the first few minutes but then gave it another try and boy is it good. Good story-line that holds your attention, great effects like the zero G stuff and excellent space shots.
I've been like this for the best part of a year and still not gotten the bullet. Might have to just jump in!

ALICE on Netflix , Korean time travel, detective, love story in 16 episodes. Really enjoyed it.
Just watched first episode of Dark looked good.

Zeeozerozero, on Nowtv, really good action/crime drama.

Dark is brilliant. Literally the best thing on Netflix in my book. A series that rewards a bit of effort to follow. Acting, story, and, especially, casting are wonderful.

Alice has all the Korean tropes if you watch a lot of them. It's a bit daft really, but I enjoyed it well enough.

New series of Motherland started last week, second episode tonight BBC 9pm.

Snappy,quality comedy writing by Graham Lineham and Sharon Horgan with a great cast.

Just watched the half way through sort of finale to The Nevers from HBO and suddenly the real annoyance of stuff seeming missed out from Ep 5 makes a whole lot more sense, and it retrospectively makes the rest of the series a whole lot smarter too. If you can put aside the plonker who directed this first set of six, then it’s a lot of fun steampunk Victorian gender politics Sci Fi - now that’s not a description I’ve ever used before!
Anna

Forgot about it but Ted Lasso is a very good watch. Looking forward to the new series

Fargo Season 4 is out on 4 player, very watchable though all the ads grate somewhat.

I'm watching it weekly on C4. I have it on Season Record. Then I watch it half an hour 'late'. and FF through the ads.

Back