The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished 'Unorthodox' on Netflix. The story of a girl who runs from an hasidic jewish community in Williamsburg, NY. Only four parts so an easy watch, but I really enjoyed it. Shira Haas, who plays the girl, is absolutely superb!

Been watching Nine Perfect Strangers on Prime this week. Still 2 episodes to drop, but it's been excellent so far. Some laugh out loud moments and some "dusty room" moments too.

Outstanding performances from Bobby Canavale, Michael Shannon and Melissa McCarthy, who mostly plays it straight. Nicole Kidman just looks odd to me, but that might be deliberate.

Been watching Nine Perfect Strangers on Prime this week. Still 2 episodes to drop, but it's been excellent so far. Some laugh out loud moments and some "dusty room" moments too.

Outstanding performances from Bobby Canavale, Michael Shannon and Melissa McCarthy, who mostly plays it straight. Nicole Kidman just looks odd to me, but that might be deliberate.
What is it about? Got prime but apart from the kids I don't seem to watch anything

Not to give anything away, but 9 people go to a health retreat with various different issues to be resolved. As their week goes on, they get to know each other and their problems. But the clinic has its own agenda with these specific people

You can get 3 months of Disney+ using Tesco clubcard vouchers. I think it's £8 of vouchers for 3 months but can't remember exactly and I have deleted the email
As far as I can tell, it's just on Apple+ and @Chippy_Tea mentioned something to the effect that it's not available in the UK.
However, I really am unfamiliar with the inner workings in the UK for TV , so if it turns out it can be watched, great.

As far as I can tell, it's just on Apple+ and @Chippy_Tea mentioned something to the effect that it's not available in the UK.
However, I really am unfamiliar with the inner workings in the UK for TV , so if it turns out it can be watched, great.
Knew it was on some channel with a + in it😂

I'm sure at some point it will arrive. I absolutely love it. Citizens of the UK have said it is a good representation without too many stereotypes (keeping in mind that the show is a comedy).

i am working my way through the shield on amazon prime again nearly at the end of series 4 loving it just as much the second time round

I think we can get it but its not something anyone i know has we seem to go for Netflix.

Googled Apple TV+ and it came back with this -

Apple TV+: Here's everything you need to know - The Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › technology › apple-tv-pl...

28 May 2021 — Apple TV+ will costs £4.99 in the UK. However, you can get it for free for free with a year-long free trial for those who buy a new iPhone, iPad ...

A bit of a second hand referral. My wife watched a series whilst I was at work for a few nights called Vigil on BBC One and said that it is something I would like. Appears to be about a death in a British navy nuclear submarine and the police, security services and navy involved in cover up. Does sound interesting, but will see.

I watched Operation Finale last night about the capture of Adolf Eichmann. I remember the trial as a kid. Gripping film about a monster.

Yep Ted Lasso is pretty good. Characters that grow on you and some funny moments. Silly premise, and not particularly realistic, but it's a comedy. 🙂
I'm up to date with season 2 now, about 3 eps to go I think...

Back