The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve started on 2 programmes on Disney+ this week.

“Dopesick”, a dramatisation of the OxyContin scandal, featuring Michael Keaton and Rosario Dawson. On episode 3 and really enjoying it.

“Bless This Mess”, a sitcom about a married couple from New York who inherit a farm in Nebraska, starring Dax Shepherd and Lake Bell (who also wrote it), and featuring a few familiar faces from other sitcoms/films. Well written and very funny.

Last edited:
We're half way through Stay Close. Started well but I'm finding it hard to take it seriously. I've started developing time travel theories about some of the characters to try and make sense of it

Watched The Silent Sea a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good, although I would have liked some explanation of the whole background of the story.

Watched The Tourist over the weekend on iPlayer. Pretty good, thought Jamie Dornan was great, with some brilliant lines

Late to the party, but just finished season 1 of Money Heist. It's terrific! About to start season 2.

Watched the wheel of time a good series
And currently watching Witcher season 2
I don’t always like fantasy type shows but do enjoy a break from reality now and again. Both are well written and acted.

I'm watching The Witcher S2 too. I follow a forum where many are avid fans who know the books and games, but coming to it purely as a TV series on its own merits, I thought the first season was good fun, but half-way through S2, am finding it a bit of a drag.

Season 4 of Ozark confirmed on Netflix from 21st January! Fantastic series - definitely one of the best things I've watched and can't wait to see this, which I believe will be the last.

Season 4 of Ozark confirmed on Netflix from 21st January! Fantastic series - definitely one of the best things I've watched and can't wait to see this, which I believe will be the last.
Yes, the last. Good watch, similar to breaking bad but not as good.

If you enjoyed "Squid Games" then you will likely enjoy a series called "Alice In Borderland". Though for the love of God, watch in original language. You're sick if you watch it dubbed!

Spy Town - BritBox old fashioned cold war spy drama set in Berlin just before the wall went up. Really enjoyed it

Back