The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.
I like Dean Koontz a lot, especially the one with the genius dog, a Golden Retriever I believe.
He has a couple of retrievers himself so he writes at least 1 into every book he writes. The books are fantastic. Odd Thomas series is fantastic with dead elvis as his personal ghost.

Watched the documentary ’Tell me who I am’ on Netflix. All I knew was that it was about identical twins, one of whom loses his memory in a biking accident and then relies on his brother to fill in the gaps in his memory. What I wasn’t ready for, was how dark it suddenly becomes - and I mean DARK. Very difficult watch at times but also very well done and sensitively handled. This is not ‘entertainment’, but I’d highly recommend it as a piece of documentary making. What some people have to endure in their lives is truly shocking.

Watched the documentary ’Tell me who I am’ on Netflix. All I knew was that it was about identical twins, one of whom loses his memory in a biking accident and then relies on his brother to fill in the gaps in his memory. What I wasn’t ready for, was how dark it suddenly becomes - and I mean DARK. Very difficult watch at times but also very well done and sensitively handled. This is not ‘entertainment’, but I’d highly recommend it as a piece of documentary making. What some people have to endure in their lives is truly shocking.
Need to know what happens now

We're half way through Stay Close. Started well but I'm finding it hard to take it seriously. I've started developing time travel theories about some of the characters to try and make sense of it

I’m tempted by Stay Close, but James Nesbitt is in it! Is he as irritating as usual?

Started watching the innocent on Netflix. Very good show, I just keep it in Spanish and read the subs. I just can't enjoy voice overs. I might give money heist a go again doing the same

Started watching the innocent on Netflix. Very good show, I just keep it in Spanish and read the subs. I just can't enjoy voice overs. I might give money heist a go again doing the same

I'm currently on season 2 of Money Heist. It's superb!

Currently about half way through the documentary series "The Man who bought Cricket" on Sky documentaries. Its about Allen Stanford the guy who offered a $20 million dollar prize for a game of cricket. Quite interesting to see how he got to where he was and then it all falling apart.

Just finished Archive81 on Netflix. Highly recommended if you like supernatural thrillers.

It's about a guy hired by a company to restore damaged video footage captured by a student documenting the residents of an apartment building that burned down in the 90's.

He will never shake that "Ian McShane, you know Lovejoy" thing despite being in loads of other stuff 😁
Interestingly in the books Lovejoy was a far darker character, not beyond the odd murder, even if accidental. I think playing Al Swearengen (superbly) in Deadwood gave him a whole new audience...

Just finished watching the first series of Yellowjackets, an American tale of a girl's soccer team whose plane crashed in the wilderness in the 90s. Hints at very dark behaviours between flashbacks and the survivors present day lives. A banging soundtrack and interesting premise, with great performances by the cast.

Can only hope it doesn't do the American thing of stretching it out over too many series because it's making money...

Finished Stay Close on Netflix. I found it entertaining, but I just thought there were so many holes in it. Episode after episode, I thought some of the detail was lacking. For some reason, this only irritated me mildly and as I say, I was entertained by it.

Started season 4 of Ozark last night. Episode 1 starts where season 3 left off. It's dark, brilliantly acted and a cut above most things on TV.

Latest posts

Back