The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Alone' survival out in the bush around Patagonia, Vancouver Island, the Artic Circle and Mongolia. Who dares wins $500,000 for 90 days, $1,000,000 for 100 days.
1605214486468.png

Last edited:
The End of the F***ing World on Netflix (the asterisks are part of the title not an attempt to by-pass any swear filters). Slow starting but very well written and each episode is only 21 mins long.

Awkward 17 year lad believes he is a psychopath and wants to graduate from killing animals to humans. Rebellious 17 year old girl pals up with him which he sees as an opportunity to fulfil his ambition. They go on a road trip together and...

The End of the F***ing World on Netflix (the asterisks are part of the title not an attempt to by-pass any swear filters). Slow starting but very well written and each episode is only 21 mins long.

Awkward 17 year lad believes he is a psychopath and wants to graduate from killing animals to humans. Rebellious 17 year old girl pals up with him which he sees as an opportunity to fulfil his ambition. They go on a road trip together and...

That one was excellent we thought. They did another one with the girl from IT in called 'I am Not OK With This' which was good as well.

Almost finished watching The Third Day with Jude Law on Sky. My other half gave up after the first episode, saying it was "too weird". An accurate summary, but it got even weirder after that. I am really enjoying it. Weird is good! It's got the feel of The Wicker Man about it. Creepy isolated community and very claustrophobic!

Mid-way through season 2 of "The Boys". Totally hooked, definitely not what I thought it was going to be and far, far darker than I expected.

Just finished 'Occupied' on Netflix. Set in the near future, Norway halts fossil fuel production and moves to new clean technologies. The country comes under huge pressure from the EU and Russia to start oil production again and ends up being occupied by stealth by the Russians. A big resistance movement starts up and Norway seeks help from its traditional allies.

It could be seen as a bit far-fetched, but after 2020 I'm not sure anything is now too far-fetched! I really enjoyed it and will probably watch the other two seasons at some stage. In Norwegian with subtitles.

Also finished the Valhalla Murders, an Icelandic drama. A series of murders that are traced back to a children's home are investigated by the Icelandic Police, who call in additional expert help from Norway. Really enjoyed this - very well done and lots of great Icelandic scenery! Subtitled, though some English is spoken.

Watched Blackfish yesterday, a Netflix documentary about some of the dubious practices at Seaworld in Florida. It's pretty uncomfortable viewing at times, but I'd pretty much guarantee that once watched, you'd never think about visiting Seaworld again (not that I've ever felt the need personally).

Mad men! Absolutely amazing but think you need to get on prime now and Netflix discontinued it.

Succession! This is Now tv if I remember. Amazing!

Fauda - it’s Israeli about the secret service. Also amazing! Dubbed from Hebrew to English

Billions! It’s okay esp the first season.

I just watched Undercover! It’s okay, Belgian and Dutch don’t really cut the mustard but it was watchable. Dubbed from Flemish to English.

To be fair there is a good few on bbc I player also if you have a TV licence. You just need to scroll past a lot of rubbish to find them though.

Forgot to mention Marseille! It’s great also. French to English dubbed.

there is a few Italian dubbed into English and German ones also to look out for, just can’t mind the names right now.

Back