The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need a good belly laugh and god knows we all do right now, check out Moonbase 8. It's a right old chuckle. Not sure what side it's on, cos we watched it on the VPN, but it's about a NASA training camp in the Arizona desert. Can't wait for the second season. See the link to the trailer below - it's out of this world!

Just ripped through all 3 seasons of The Fall, which I missed first time around. Although some of the police procedures are questionable, that's probably the case with most crime dramas. It's very well done and became more gripping with each season - I'd recommend it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Worth watching for Gillian Anderson alone - she is gorgeous.

Just ripped through all 3 seasons of The Fall, which I missed first time around. Although some of the police procedures are questionable, that's probably the case with most crime dramas. It's very well done and became more gripping with each season - I'd recommend it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Worth watching for Gillian Anderson alone - she is gorgeous.
Very good show

If you want a bit of escapism for half an hour, watch 'Sink or Skim' on iPlayer. A documentary about the world stone skimming championships, held on Easdale Island. You will not believe how seriously some people take skimming stones! The winner becomes the 'Top T0sser' 😁

We've started watching The Kominsky Method. It wasn't what I was expecting. A few laughs, but it's quite dark and slow to get going.

A Discovery of Witches season 2 is just out.... and just as gorgeous as it was last time 😍 but with some wonderful Elizabethan dresses and outfits that are just beautiful.

I've read the books but the TV series use them only as a basis and so have much more tension edge of your seat stuff. The CGI of the Thames in London and of smoke is really poor, but I can get past that.

Anna

Also I do not recommend Bridgerton.

I mean look, ok, the girl from Derry Girls did well, and it’s always nice to see/hear Julie Andrew’s back on screen, and the lad in red was good fun, but it just wasn’t.
Well it wasn’t what we’re used to.
It wasn’t as good as pride and prejudice, or the Alan Rick man/Emma Thompson one, or the other one.

I don’t know I don’t watch this stuff a lot.

But usually when I watch it it’s got a cracking British cast and they’re all clearly well into it and probably half of them are good mates.

and there just wasn’t Alan. Or Emma. Or Colin. Or any of the favourites.

I’m picky I guess lol.

It was ok. And also a bit ****.

Also I do not recommend Bridgerton.

I mean look, ok, the girl from Derry Girls did well, and it’s always nice to see/hear Julie Andrew’s back on screen, and the lad in red was good fun, but it just wasn’t.
Well it wasn’t what we’re used to.
It wasn’t as good as pride and prejudice, or the Alan Rick man/Emma Thompson one, or the other one.

I don’t know I don’t watch this stuff a lot.

But usually when I watch it it’s got a cracking British cast and they’re all clearly well into it and probably half of them are good mates.

and there just wasn’t Alan. Or Emma. Or Colin. Or any of the favourites.

I’m picky I guess lol.

It was ok. And also a bit ****.
Indecisive I would assume...

Seen a couple of Medieval Dead on Sky...it's about dead medieval people... historical documentary. Interesting if you like that sort of stuff.

Vikings on Amazon Prime. Absolutely stunningly shot and engaging story. Theyve just released the final series as well.
(Oh and Katheryn Winnick is in it - 😛)

Australia Day on the 26th this is worth a watch, it is the abridged version, the original went for 17 hours!

Just finished 'The Serpent' on iPlayer. A drama based on a true story about a murderer and conman preying on travelling hippies in Asia in the 1970s. It's a decent watch and everything is very nicely rounded-up in the last episode.

Now watching 'Night Stalker' on Netflix. US documentary about a serial murderer/sexual predator in California in the 1980s. Only one part in, but it's gruesome stuff.

Just finished 'The Serpent' on iPlayer. A drama based on a true story about a murderer and conman preying on travelling hippies in Asia in the 1970s. It's a decent watch and everything is very nicely rounded-up in the last episode.

Now watching 'Night Stalker' on Netflix. US documentary about a serial murderer/sexual predator in California in the 1980s. Only one part in, but it's gruesome stuff.

I liked the Serpent. Night Stalker is on my list.

Back