The TV Licence.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's seems there's never any good news...all doom and gloom to keep us miserable. Covid hardly gets a mention now so they must be plotting the next "horror story".
I bet the last good news the UK had was the end of WW2.
I think there was a football competition sometime in the 1960s that people got excited about. But yeah, that's about it!

I don't know much about such stuff but...
The BBC is an information service...fed by the government, who are apparently trying to shaft them...I don't think so. The government could have used another news channel service for example all their covid announcements.

I remember there was a discussion here about the government running the BBC and only letting the plebs know what they wanted them to know one member put it perfectly when they said something along the lines of -
"This lot couldn't keep it secret that a 30 of them had a quiet drink and cheesy nibbles during Covid lock down how the **** could they keep it secret they have been running the BBC for years"

It's seems there's never any good news...all doom and gloom to keep us miserable. Covid hardly gets a mention now so they must be plotting the next "horror story".
I bet the last good news the UK had was the end of WW2.

It started today Clint they announced how many people have died of infections that are resistant to antibiotics and its on the increase.

Happy days.

Skipping the news, especially politics, completely is one of my better decisions.
Our 24/7 cable news networks have to churn out stories to keep up viewership. Good news--which does exist all over the place--doesn't hijack the public's attention the way the fearmongering does.
Edit: As a result of not watching, I accidentally learn that some famous so-and-so died two years ago. I can live with that.

Latest posts

Back