The Vegan and Veggie thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else like tripe?

Eating it or spouting it :laugh8:

On a serious note i couldn't stand the taste, my Grandad used to eat it often with plenty of vinegar on it. 🤢

My dad used to eat it so about 40 years ago my wife cooked it but it went untasted into the bin. After United matches we would go into a pub in Altrincham and a guy would come in selling tripe served in newspaper with vinegar, I've still never tried it.

I used to have tripe regularly when I was younger. Anyone else like tripe?

Always really enjoyed tripe. I've always preferred offal and processed meats like sausage and chartcuterie over cuts of meat.

It's nice...but gone quite expensive looking on the net.
I've just had some outdoor bred bacon,fried eggs,black pudding and new potatoes...with lashings of mustard! The food of the lord!

It's nice...but gone quite expensive looking on the net.
I've just had some outdoor bred bacon,fried eggs,black pudding and new potatoes...with lashings of mustard! The food of the lord!

TV chefs are to blame for making delicious peasant food expensive. It was brisket years ago, and now it's offal. Bastards.

Black pudding. Now you're talking. If you've not had it, I'd thoroughly recommend getting your hands on Stornoway Black Pudding. It's magnificent. Their white pudding is very good too.

Haggis is something I don't think can be replicated without meat. The vegetarian version is very tasty, but it doesn't taste close enough to the real thing.

I do like haggis!
Another thing the chef's have ruined price wise is lamb shanks....they used to be dead cheap.
A couple slow cooked in a curry...superb!

For celebrity chefs eating this **** is reverse snobbery. That's **** not crab which is delicious.

The haggis is now endangered and very rare in the wild. The battery reared ones don't have any taste like those eating heather and grass.

Back