The youth of today.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We used to have a couple of bottles of beer before going to the local disco to get a bit of dutch courage but this is taking it a bit far, 40% proof ashock1

South Lakes Police‏ @SouthLakesPol 14h14 hours ago
The sophisticated youths of Kendal today! Gone are the days of White Lightning and Lambrini. The only similarity is that they are both confiscated. However at 40% proof this could have ended very badly! #mumanddadtold #itsyourchoice #southlakesproactive

sssssss.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't you read about "Generation Sensible"? Apparently the yoof don't like booze, drugs or shagging any more...

We don't do Generation Sensible in the south Lakes. :laugh8:
I wonder if any of them would be capable of shagging anything after a couple of bottles of that. aunsure....

Idiots. What do they do to pass the time then?

The ones around here just added vandalism, assault, murder and theft to the list. No idea where this generation sensible idea came from.... lol The home counties maybe?

In defence of the "yoof" here, they're just emulating their parents..... They're like mini me's to their parents I tell you.... Elderly thug, 20-35 yo thug, teeny thug, 8 yo thug..... lol Oh, and 20-35 yo's wife screaming abuse at 8 yo to make sure he grows up extra misogynistic and disrespectful to women.....

Oddly though, I still love Wolverhampton. Probably because I'm comparing it to Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford (I was actually raised in rural Staffordshire though, and my gods talk about boring!!!!). I love London more, but would never live there... lol

Where I grew up, the hight of rebellion was going and sitting on a road bridge over the village brook and shouting rude things at passing cars (which I never did to be honest... lol).....

Apparently the yoof don't like booze, drugs or shagging any more.

My lad doesn't drink to excess like we used to on a Friday and Saturday night and it would seem the trend of going out and getting hammered has died a death drugs use on the other hand is rife and he is no longer friends with a lot of the people he grew up with as they are always off their heads he has admitted trying marijuana to try to keep in with the crowd when they all started using it regularly fortunately he doesn't smoke and didn't like it so had no interest and has made new friends.

In defence of the "yoof" here, they're just emulating their parents..... They're like mini me's to their parents I tell you.... Elderly thug, 20-35 yo thug, teeny thug, 8 yo thug..... lol Oh, and 20-35 yo's wife screaming abuse at 8 yo to make sure he grows up extra misogynistic and disrespectful to women.....

Some fine examples here -

We don't do Generation Sensible in the south Lakes. :laugh8:
I wonder if any of them would be capable of shagging anything after a couple of bottles of that. aunsure....

I'm sure that, like me after half a dozen pints of Mansfield Bitter, they would do their best!

The problem with you middle-aged guys is that you forget that you had a permanent hard-on from about 16 to 28!

When you get older you suddenly appreciate what those halcyon years were like ... aheadbutt aheadbutt

... and after another pint or three you start to say "Back in my day ...." and lie through your back teeth! :laugh8: :laugh8:

PS to Gunge ...

"Just how many people do YOU know who are 106 years old! " :?: :?: :?:

I hate to be the first person to let you know, but YOU ARE AN OLD MAN so live with it! :laugh8: :laugh8:

Technically maybe, but I still run rings around guys half my age. Getting old is all in the mind.

I was talking to a twenty something a few weeks back and it seemed that his sole topic of conversation was weed, spliffs and hash brownies, interspersed with occasional comments about his pit bull cross, being in and out of prison and chasing his teacher across the school with a knife. I was wondering where he had got this attitude from, then he mentioned sharing joints and getting stoned last Christmas with his Grandad. That's when I started to think, what chance did he have?

Then he mentioned that he had stopped drinking, because it made him too mad.

I was talking to a twenty something a few weeks back and it seemed that his sole topic of conversation was weed, spliffs and hash brownies, interspersed with occasional comments about his pit bull cross, being in and out of prison and chasing his teacher across the school with a knife. I was wondering where he had got this attitude from, then he mentioned sharing joints and getting stoned last Christmas with his Grandad. That's when I started to think, what chance did he have?

Then he mentioned that he had stopped drinking, because it made him too mad.

Sounds like the cretin that assaulted my missus just over a week ago (see Broken Big Toe thread ). On that front, she still won't involve the police but incredibly the landlord has done the decent thing and served an eviction notice...

Sounds like the cretin that assaulted my missus just over a week ago (see Broken Big Toe thread ). On that front, she still won't involve the police but incredibly the landlord has done the decent thing and served an eviction notice...

Good news Gunge now you don't have to go through the upheaval of moving.

Gunge...when they get kicked out have a knees up...plenty of ale and your famous hot curry!
Btw...how's the good lady?

She's fine thanks, and actually coping better than me despite her injuries, which are healing according to plan. Her fortitude has always quietly amazed me in all the 25 years we've had together. It's been an incredible year of ups and downs for us for reasons I won't divulge. But I asked her to marry me a little while back. It's all sorted for a date in November. Yeah - I knew you'd be surprised. Do you think I'm being a little hasty? And the oxygen-stealing scumball who hurt her and broke my heart is still going to get what's coming.

Latest posts

Back