They've got it taped

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@stephen1546 Taping the charts was my weekend highlight....I'm still resisting the temptation to buy a turntable. Given that I only have one (playworth) vinyl left, the Pistols US release of Never mind the ********, oh the downside of a nomadic youth!

Was great eh!!. Bought my lad a turntable for Crimbo, gave him my small collection. Mainly Madness and a load of singles that you used to get free with Sounds magazine. Oh to be young again!!

Sounds eh, there's a memory. I was an NME buyer. Do you remember the floppy vinyl freebees?

Aye, remember them. Used to buy NME also. Was sad to see NME end up being given away for free towards the end of its life. Was a great mag in its time.

I often think I live in some sort of parallel universe to everyone else. All I remember about the joys of vinyl was all the crackle and pops as the needle skipped over the crud that builds up in the grooves plus the pleasures of taking a record back to the shop because it jumps only to be told `it's your equipment' - so you get a replacement and that doesn't jump. Not a big deal but it seemed to happen almost every time I bought a record.

I was a bit of a vinyl & stylus nerd, so I took care of mine fastidiously. The 'needle crackle' was something that has been sampled on loads of tracks to give em that retro sound. I played around with twin Techniques in the late 80s early 90s, yep the rave days!!!

I was a bit of a vinyl & stylus nerd, so I took care of mine fastidiously. The 'needle crackle' was something that has been sampled on loads of tracks to give em that retro sound. I played around with twin Techniques in the late 80s early 90s, yep the rave days!!!

My vinyl, on the other hand, is mostly in excellent nick. Ye the discs need to be looked after but no more than a CD. Remember those daft Tomorrow's World programmes when CDs first came out, and they were smothering them with jam and chucking em up and down etc? You can make CDs sound worse... and one that starts to skip is worse than any crackly vinyl and consigned to the bin where they all actually belong, digital glare and all.

Latest posts

Back