Things I've seen when riding my bike

Discussion in 'The Snug' started by MyQul, Jun 6, 2016.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Nov 3, 2017 #201

Russ146

Russ146

Russ146

Its to stop his trousers getting a shiny **** as the saddle polishes it as he cycles

2. Nov 3, 2017 #202

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored Moderator

Being a priest I would have thought he would have been rather partial to a shiny **** :lol:

3. Oct 24, 2018 #203

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

Only in Brixton will you see the Police Station being taped off with police tape by the police :laugh8: (I think a bus had crashed into the wall outside)

Gingerbrews and Bigcol49 like this.
  4. Oct 25, 2018 #204

Kenboy

Kenboy

Kenboy

Driving home today as I passed someone on the motorway, they were watching a film on their phone. The phone, although technically being hands free, was stuck on the windscreen to the right of the steering wheel!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    brumbrew likes this.
  5. Oct 25, 2018 #205

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

This morning was a right weird one. I volvo estate pulled out of a side road then off it went. In the back was a sheep!

6. Oct 25, 2018 #206

divrack

divrack

divrack

That's pretty standard my way. A guy in a suit would be stranger.
    Last time out on my bike it was eagle, pine Marten red squirrel Deer. No people at all, although im talking mountain bike not commuting.
    Few months ago when my brother was over we went out on the bikes vaguely intending on foraging for mushrooms and half way up a mountain on a grassy single-track seldom trodden path found two crisp fifties.

7. Oct 25, 2018 #207

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

This is the thing though, it was on the outskirts of London not in the middle of the sticks (New Malden, although they like to pretend their in Surrey)

8. Oct 25, 2018 #208

Duxuk

Duxuk

Duxuk

Regular.

I didn't ride my bike today but I met Charlie Kelly. He was one of the original Marin county MTBers and organised the first ever downhill races.

9. Oct 26, 2018 #209

JohnB

JohnB

JohnB

Well, I don't have a cycle, and I find all these funny stories really, well, funny and I though you might like a funny story from the world of truck driving. Very ironic because while it appears funny at first, think of the devastation a 44 tonne truck can cause at 56 mph, it takes a lot of smashed up cars to stop one.

A few years ago Birmingham (WM) Police bought an old Merc tractor unit. I think they have several of these now, but anyway, these trucks had cameras fitted into the nearside window with the sole purpose of filming inside the cab of the truck they were overtaking. This is mainly for drivers not wearing seat belts, or using a phone. However, one of the main transgressors are the Dutch, who come out of Immingham docks, set their laptop on the dashboard and stick a film on to watch. The M180 - M18 - M62 is a boring old job! However the Birmingham spy-truck on the M5 southbound found an enterprising Polish driver who had set up his cooker on the engine cover of an old DAF, filled a saucepan with water and had peeled a pound of potatoes, and was cooking his tea while driving down to Bristol.

brumbrew and MyQul like this.
  10. Oct 26, 2018 #210

brumbrew

brumbrew

brumbrew

Regular dufus

Unfortunately I see this kind of thing way to much here in gloomy Birmingham.

People don't care as there aren't enough police to actually police them.

And on these dark mornings now there faces a lit up by the glow from the mobile down at their lap.

Others I see with the phone wedged into the steering wheel watching films or TV whilst drinking a coffee while on the way into town for work.

11. Oct 26, 2018 #211

Gunge

Gunge

Gunge

Regular. Supporting Member

You wouldn't believe all the bikes I've seen whilst riding my thang.

12. Oct 28, 2018 #212

jjsh

jjsh

jjsh

My mate did, until a year or so ago, drive permanent nights in a large van. Bring from round here, the M180/M18 route was his stomping ground. He often saw foreign plate HGV drivers watching films at night, including grot movies (this isn't an anti foreign driver rant, out just seems that having your steering wheel on the opposite side to those overtaking you leads to greater temptation).

Scary.

13. Nov 8, 2018 #213

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

Yesterday I saw Daniel Defoe, William Blake and John Bunyan's (author of Pilgrims Progress) graves in Bunhill Fields Cemetery.

14. Nov 8, 2018 #214

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered.....

Those crisp fifties...a bit unusual...get a look round for any disturbed ground ..may be some loot buried! I found a set of sawn through cuffs with my metal detector!

brumbrew likes this.