Things I've seen when riding my bike

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That comment was a bit harsh dutto some people as you say should have been strangled at birth regardless of their mode of transport.

I don't understand this bum chaffing, never had it and ride in all weather and in normal clothes.

However;

I ask a lady the other day at the train station, laden with child and pushchair,

Would like some help?

If I wanted your effin help I'd ask.

Moves on politely thinking... if that was a guy I'd have punched him right in the mouth!

Some people have no tact
Yea
but look at it from her point of view!:rofl:

Ahh the common misconception.

Go to the black countray an tell um thay brummies.

I aye no brummay

Would be the response.

There are infact suttle accent and dialogue differences in the brum.

But black countray and brummie are like French and Russian.

Easily distinguished ;-)

Where was Jasper Carrot from (90% of the forum reading that will be saying WHO) :lol:

Ahh the common misconception.

Go to the black countray an tell um thay brummies.

I aye no brummay

Would be the response.

There are infact suttle accent and dialogue differences in the brum.

But black countray and brummie are like French and Russian.

Easily distinguished ;-)
Indeed, I live in brum but am a dudley/wolvo yam.

fde4cb00cf3478a6ac4d9189c2c984d9.jpg

A doodly booy eh!
Will be up near Kidderminster for our annual weeks fishing in july, have rather missed the accents heard around the area.
Yo Yo's we call em:mrgreen:
Shatterford? Furnace Mill? Done a bit round there although I'm more a Severn barbel basher myself.

Reminds me, need to renew my BAA card before next weekend, if the weather suits brewing will be taking a back seat for a while.

Shatterford? Furnace Mill? Done a bit round there although I'm more a Severn barbel basher myself.

Reminds me, need to renew my BAA card before next weekend, if the weather suits brewing will be taking a back seat for a while.
Nigel
it's our 27 th year. Always stayed at Bank Farm at Arley, easy walk down to the island and barbel heaven:thumb:eek:r nearer Kidderminster but now staying near Lower Broadheath (ok it's not Kiddy but it's betwixed Worcester and Stourport) but will be up to the Severn a few times in the week, bit of barbel and some trotting. Do a bit of trout fishing along with a few stillwaters, oh and a banks's beer or two:lol::lol:

Nigel
it's our 27 th year. Always stayed at Bank Farm at Arley, easy walk down to the island and barbel heaven:thumb:eek:r nearer Kidderminster but now staying near Lower Broadheath (ok it's not Kiddy but it's betwixed Worcester and Stourport) but will be up to the Severn a few times in the week, bit of barbel and some trotting. Do a bit of trout fishing along with a few stillwaters, oh and a banks's beer or two:lol::lol:

I love the way thread's wander off topic on this forum. It's now a fishing thread :lol::lol:

Nigel

I love the idea of fishing. I think it's the watching the world go by and not doing much. I think I'd be quite annoyed at have my peace disturbed if a fish decided to get itself caught on my hook :lol:

I used to fish a lot but gave up once i had a family and Mrs Tea changed jobs (shifts) as i never seemed to have time.

I love the idea of fishing. I think it's the watching the world go by and not doing much. I think I'd be quite annoyed at have my peace disturbed if a fish decided to get itself caught on my hook :lol:
Luckily that's not a worry for me. So many blanks I should get a chequebook and pen.

Nigel
Nice. I won't be far away, probably a bit upstream nearer the Hampton Loade ferry. Went a bit further afield last year, had a couple of good weekends on the Teme. Got no scales but I reckon I got one into double figures, it was this big. [I'm holding my hands wide apart.]

Veering very close to being back on thread...

There was a similar thread on a bike forum a while back. Someone's reply was along the lines of :-

Saw a headless body being pulled out of the river (Clyde I think), that night on the news it said that the police had found a headless body and a head in the river but it was too early to say if they were related.

A few days later it was in the news that they weren't , the head and the body had been two different people :-(

Talking of bodies. Today I saw lots of naked ones cycling through Central London. International Naked Bike Ride day today I think. There was also one random starkers bloke running alongside the bikes. No idea why. He could have hired a Boris Bike if he didn't have his own

Stephen Gough, popularly known as the "Naked Rambler", is a British activist and former Royal Marine. In 2004, he walked the length of Great Britain naked. He did it again in 2005-06, but was arrested in England and in Scotland. Wikipedia

My client Stephen Gough, a former Royal Marine better known as the Naked Rambler, has now been in prison, largely in a segregation unit, for the best part of nine years.
Once the remission rules are taken into account, that is the equivalent of a sentence of nearly 18 years. It is about what you would expect to get if you committed a rape of an eight year old child. By my very rough calculations the cost of imprisoning him, ignoring altogether legal and police costs, has been about £330,000. His offence has been that he won't wear clothes in public

The law in this country is mad, we have spent at least £300,000 imprisoning a bloke who most of the time no one will see yet lots of people can ride naked through one of the busiest cities in the world and no one bats an eyelid.

When I go fishing it's mostly me drowning worms or maggots.

I know someone that goes to that naked bike ride thing.

It seems to me that the list of things deemed offensive, grows ever longer every year.

We know we are in France when we cycle past a parked car and the driver is standing on the grass verge with his back to the traffic having a pee! :thumb:

We see no harm in it (especially if the alternative would be to wet yourself) and can never understand the "shock - horror" reaction in the UK; never mind the fact that it is against the law! :whistle:

It does seem as if we have an unholy fear of our bodies and of bodily functions in this country! :doh: :doh:

We know we are in France when we cycle past a parked car and the driver is standing on the grass verge with his back to the traffic having a pee! :thumb:

We see no harm in it (especially if the alternative would be to wet yourself) and can never understand the "shock - horror" reaction in the UK; never mind the fact that it is against the law! :whistle:

It does seem as if we have an unholy fear of our bodies and of bodily functions in this country! :doh: :doh:
We look bad because we're alongside the rest of Europe, but you don't have to look far east or west to see just how repressed the rest of the world is.

I can understand the legislation against peeing in the street ...

... but the legislation was introduced when we had thousands of FREE public toilets available; which are now closed down!

I love the old "pissoirs" in France. I don't know whether or not these were introduced in Edinburgh as per the article but I hope so ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...ir-toilets-coming-1586363#t7YwuLIi74fXfP3o.97

I've seen men having a quick pee whilst still holding hands with their partners and I have much admired their dexterity!! :whistle: :whistle:

Back