Things to do whilst self - isolating

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm going to dig out the pasta machine and try and perfect making ravioli
If you do the 1 egg + 100g of flour mix then roughly mix it in a bowl then if you keep passing through through the machine, fold and then pass through same thickness setting again, then do the same as you lower the gap it does all the kneading for you to make it super smoothe by the time you're a notch or three above where you'll want it.

Don't leave the pasta hanging about for any length of time after you've cut it inless you souse it in flour - it'll stick to silicone sheeting. I tried doing ravioly in silicone cake-pop moulds, get them out straight away fine - think you can leave them for half an hour - nooooooo.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
I've been learning some basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript online with the goal of improving and replacing my excel sheet which I made as a brew day calculator. It's still a work in progress, but if the water treatment section is of use to anyone I might see if I can make it available. Here's a couple of screenshots of how it looks currently, and as you can see it's greatly simplified for ease of use. Just enter your details on the left and the additions are calculated on the right. It'll give me something to do while stuck at home.

foxy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yesterday sorted out my hops, ditched the old hops, put recently opened hops into jars with co2.
Today made some hand sanitiser, Tea tree oil, one drop, 90 gram Aloe Vera gel, 200 gram Ethyl sanitser medical grade.
001.JPG

003.JPG

MmmBeer

Reaction score
I have kept myself busy this week. I have learnt to play the Theramin, learnt to speak Klingon and built a scale model of of the Sagrada Familia out of matchsticks.

I have also read a book called 'How to lie convincingly', I think that's going quite well.

Brianbrewed

Reaction score
  1. Work from home.
  2. Look after my six month year old baby daughter.
  3. Sex and lots of it.
  4. Netflix.

(Not all at the same time of course).

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've been learning some basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript online with the goal of improving and replacing my excel sheet which I made as a brew day calculator. It's still a work in progress, but if the water treatment section is of use to anyone I might see if I can make it available. Here's a couple of screenshots of how it looks currently, and as you can see it's greatly simplified for ease of use. Just enter your details on the left and the additions are calculated on the right. It'll give me something to do while stuck at home.

Good work! I think learning to code is a good use of time and if it's something you enjoy I recommend Python or Ruby next. I started making a homebrew calculator in Python a while ago, but like many projects it fell by the wayside. Anyway, I'd find this useful.

My brewshed is complete with working brewery now and am preparing my first brew for tomorrow, a sorachi ace best bitter.

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Reaction score
Being retired its not much different for us, apart from the going out bit, think i might build a typoon simulator that should keep me busy :laugh8:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Could build a Nuclear Reactor with all the recycling that some councils are not collecting at the moment
Our council has stopped garden waste (green bin) collections as from the end of the week, i assume recycling will be next to stop and household waste will be collected whatever it takes.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
I’m working full time from home whilst simultaneously homeschooling a 6 year old and keeping a 4 year old (pre-schooler) occupied. I don’t have time to be bored - I’ve even only managed to get one brew on!

obscure

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m now setup for home working, which at least,provides,a bit of structure to the day.

Group Builder