Things to do whilst self - isolating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got some sexy sheep down my way

Ive heard that. :laugh8:

1584822889715.png

I'm going to dig out the pasta machine and try and perfect making ravioli
If you do the 1 egg + 100g of flour mix then roughly mix it in a bowl then if you keep passing through through the machine, fold and then pass through same thickness setting again, then do the same as you lower the gap it does all the kneading for you to make it super smoothe by the time you're a notch or three above where you'll want it.

Don't leave the pasta hanging about for any length of time after you've cut it inless you souse it in flour - it'll stick to silicone sheeting. I tried doing ravioly in silicone cake-pop moulds, get them out straight away fine - think you can leave them for half an hour - nooooooo.

I've been learning some basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript online with the goal of improving and replacing my excel sheet which I made as a brew day calculator. It's still a work in progress, but if the water treatment section is of use to anyone I might see if I can make it available. Here's a couple of screenshots of how it looks currently, and as you can see it's greatly simplified for ease of use. Just enter your details on the left and the additions are calculated on the right. It'll give me something to do while stuck at home.
tGw6lSR.jpg

yFZwPbT.jpg

I have kept myself busy this week. I have learnt to play the Theramin, learnt to speak Klingon and built a scale model of of the Sagrada Familia out of matchsticks.

I have also read a book called 'How to lie convincingly', I think that's going quite well.

1. Work from home.
  2. Look after my six month year old baby daughter.
  3. Sex and lots of it.
  4. Netflix.

(Not all at the same time of course).

I've been learning some basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript online with the goal of improving and replacing my excel sheet which I made as a brew day calculator. It's still a work in progress, but if the water treatment section is of use to anyone I might see if I can make it available. Here's a couple of screenshots of how it looks currently, and as you can see it's greatly simplified for ease of use. Just enter your details on the left and the additions are calculated on the right. It'll give me something to do while stuck at home.
tGw6lSR.jpg

yFZwPbT.jpg
Good work! I think learning to code is a good use of time and if it's something you enjoy I recommend Python or Ruby next. I started making a homebrew calculator in Python a while ago, but like many projects it fell by the wayside. Anyway, I'd find this useful.

My brewshed is complete with working brewery now and am preparing my first brew for tomorrow, a sorachi ace best bitter.

Could build a Nuclear Reactor with all the recycling that some councils are not collecting at the moment

Could build a Nuclear Reactor with all the recycling that some councils are not collecting at the moment

Our council has stopped garden waste (green bin) collections as from the end of the week, i assume recycling will be next to stop and household waste will be collected whatever it takes.

Our council has stopped garden waste (green bin) collections as from the end of the week, i assume recycling will be next to stop and household waste will be collected whatever it takes.
Same here Chippy

I’m working full time from home whilst simultaneously homeschooling a 6 year old and keeping a 4 year old (pre-schooler) occupied. I don’t have time to be bored - I’ve even only managed to get one brew on!

Latest posts

Back