Things to do whilst self - isolating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a walk yesterday along the river I like to fish, there was a match a couple of weeks ago and it is teeming with some good roach at the moment. Got home put out a tray of hearts to get some blow, rang a couple of mates to go out and have a fish. Fishing comes under the not allowed under the current government directive $1,600 fine!
244.JPG

The Aussies love a fine. My personal favourite is double points days where traffic points are literally double. Just for the day, because they can!!
Just holiday days, when the most deaths occur on the road. Doesn't work but.

Maybe take some time to enjoy the clear skies, free of vapour trails from passing jets. Tonight (April 7th) is apparently a "super moon", and the sky is almost clear with a little hazy cloud cover to make it look atmospheric. If you've got a decent pair of bins you'll get a good view. I wheeled out one of my bigger lenses and got this shot a few minutes ago.

Click for the full size.

oRNLCT4.jpg

Just holiday days, when the most deaths occur on the road. Doesn't work but.

I was there last Easter and saw this in action. The mobile speed cameras are literally on the back of a 'yute' hidden in trees. Dead sneaky.

They also have drink driver buses. They pull people over, test them, stick them on a big bus an when it's full they take them all to the station to test again. Most have slept off a lot of the alcohol by time they get done. Crackers.

I know plenty of places to go fishing where I wouldn't see a soul, or a ranger for that matter, its just getting to the venue. Police are raking in $1,600 if you are caught on the road without a reasonable excuse, cant exactly say I'm off shopping or going to work with a load of fishing gear in the back.

Every Thursday about 20 hundred hours I like go go an beat a MASSIVE DRUM.

Still at work but been on annual leave after moving house (by the skin of our teeth, just before lock down) so spent most of my time building flat pack furniture and breaking down boxes. Next is clearing and cleaning the workshop in the garden ready to set up my brew gear

My daughter and I made scones for the first time this morning (SWMBO made some with her last week too) and they look like they’ve turned out pretty well.

Split the batch and did 50% plain, 25% cherry and 25% raisin.

619233C3-855F-430E-91F9-470B1CE0224B.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had the ole clippers out and sorted my hair.
Offered to cut the wife's but she declined.

Am making a big pot of curry gravy this afternoon, enough for tonight and stacks for the freezer.

So went fishing today, got past the security (police) walked about 1 K to where I was going to fish, had to dig out a peg. Had a load of gardening gear in the back, excuse in case I got stopped, as fishing is banned. It'll take a black tracker to find me now. First put in a carp about 12 lb 3 more bites which I missed. Soon as the frogs started their evening chorus, time to go, snakes are on the hunt.
Stopped to pick some mushrooms on the way back to the car.
Creek
is a bit murky due to recent rains, fished the waggler close in, the flow is on the near side.
003.JPG

005.JPG

I have actually sorted the garden out and when I am not working having a kick around with the boys and had a water fight

I hope that was all within 2 miles of your house going around the block 30 times :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

nope :rolleyes: impossible to socially distance with all the dog walking & families walking past my house. There are quite a few roads with no pavements (pedestrians prohibited) where I live so I use those. It's safer IMO.

Back