Think I've Made a Cobblers of this!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made my fourth ever kit recently, Hammer of Thor. Did everything by the book, thrashed it to a lovely 23 degree foam and pitched the yeast in. It bubbled frantically for 3 days then stopped completely. Now I did something potentially wrong, I added a sachet of Mangrove Jack's Belgian saison yeast. Still no bubbling but I've since read that it doesn't always anyway. Small bubbles are rising, still, and it's been 3 weeks in the primary, at 22C. The smell is still very yeasty and the hydrometer reads 1.006 plus it's very cloudy. Should I just leave it in the primary or is there another course of action? Many thanks all.

If it continues to hold at 1.006 then it's probably done. Three weeks in primary should have allowed for a good fermentation and then time for the yeast to clean up fermentation byproducts. I would think it's about done but the hydrometer will say.

Thanks guys. I'm, obviously, new to brewing and probably bottled my first 3 kits too early as I followed the kit instructions. Since binging on this awesome forum it seems patience is the key! All are in the garage getting sampled occasionally but were all bottled very cloudy so are taking a while to clear.

We all struggled with it at first. My first batch ever ended up as gushers. I was lucky they were not bottle bombs. I didn't let fermentation finish and bottled too early. Even well chilled, when I popped the cap, they foamed all over the place. Lesson learned!

Latest posts

Back