Thinking going back to corni kegs!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!
Magic!
One of the advantages of cornies is force carbing - if the beer isn't as "fizzy" as you like, leave it to carb some more.
Send me a sample by PM :lol:

Ok my mate :-)
Can't wait til the nite....hope is not a let down!!! Lol
Brian + thinking + researching = slow progress or utter ****!
Pics following....

Thx guys,
Tbh with 5 days carbing I was a bit...well 'Bri' (u know what I'm like lol)
The pressure was a bit low, but better than froth alles uber!
I put the temp at 8C!
Now the drink...clear as a whistle.
Didn't get chill haze, and the head calm down.
Not a lot of visual carbonation bubbles but the taste it defo that there in it.
I'm not the best one for getting my words out to do a review etc, but hope yous get my idea..lol
No off smell at all, infact the broon Ale tasted as it should.
One thing and I'm no expert I think the taste will mature in time.
The head lasted a bit longer than I thought.
Think the balance was right of the hops, a hint but not over powering.
The sweet-sour taste of the malt was in.
The colour is dark drown, then in the light a almost Amber colour.
As the lads n lasses say if I get the recipe, setup stages, fermintation etc just right..hoping it's come out how I imagined to come out.
Ok there's always going to tweaking..it's how we roll!! It's part of the fun of HB'ing.
Learning all the time, knowledge is power so they say...(even for me!)
Looking back in my journey, without thinging to hard...well that an understament for me. I thing I've came on leaps n bounds.
And I surely thing my 'Theropy' has improved my battered brain.
Apart from needing a interpreter in my posts!
A bit of a landmark tbh!! I've set out to try and learn kegging, build two ferm fridges, water treatment, AG system again and all the other stages I wanted to get right.
Ya might think I'm a 'odd character' not functioning in all cylinders...and you be right....but I've still got my hope n determination and motivation to learn.
In the light of day (when my brain is not so tired and confused) I'm a happy man and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for yous joining me on my journey.
Upwards n onwards....
SLOWLY DOES IT Bri....
Finally remember things like 'I can't do this, DIY' etc..should if you really wanted to achieve something anything is possible.
Shout out to chippy-tea for getting my messages from hospital and Fil for keeping in touch as I Re-learnt readin n writing..
Amen
Sounds like my final speach on my retirement lol (but not as shocking ha ha!)
Happy weekend all...

Success!! great !! your probably not quite at full condition levels after only 5 days sat @ pressure and temp without agitating the keg to aid the conditioning? however im only repeating what i have read not having the luxury of a keg fridge myself.

One thing i will also mention is you will probably notice gas or space build up at the tap end of the beerline If you can stop pouring for 24 hours that is, thats the 'cost' of our cheap n cheerfull microline anti fobbing solution. The restricting properties of the thin beer line mean that at the tap end there isnt sufficient pressure to contain the condition in that tiny volume of beer, This results in a spit of foam and froth into the first glass of a session which if left to settle would be a thimble full of beer so just chuck it and dont worry about it..

happy supping..

Hi all,
A quick question(I hope)
Could I get another corni keg and put the beer/lager and carbonate it...but leave it in room temp...(as my chiller fridge isn't big nuff...
Or just batch prime The with sugar and wait a couple o weeks...
Haven't experience this yet.
So I'll appreciate your advice...
Thx for viewing as always

I usually prime in the keg, rather than force carb, just add sugar solution into the keg before racking the beer. Seal the lid with 5-10 psi then leave in a warm place to carb up.

Most of the calculators suggest using half the amount of priming sugar than you'd use for bottles.

I usually prime in the keg, rather than force carb, just add sugar solution into the keg before racking the beer. Seal the lid with 5-10 psi then leave in a warm place to carb up.

Most of the calculators suggest using half the amount of priming sugar than you'd use for bottles.

Great reply pal..
I've just used the calculator once..for bottling..n tbh made live so much ararier for my situation (one handed and stupid lol)
I'll remember HALF the priming sugar pal..
TBH. I'm not in a rush with the brew I've got...less than 10l of brown ale..
So leaving the carbed keg for a coulple of weeks isn't going to harm the beer/lager.
Wish I drank as much as I did years ago...
Thx again, making notes!

with a 10l brew in a corny remember to vent off the air that should settle at the keg top after a 20 minute stand after sealing..

Thx Fil,
Thinking the 18l n a bit space...mind if I like that drink that is! And I'm happy with doing the same batch over n over again...hence the 10l.
But after thought! 23l...18l in the keg & the rest in bottles...best of both worlds..what u think?
Thx pal

Got round to finishing my keezer off today. Quite happy with the result.

6D8A5F83-4FDD-41E0-9569-3619A0007138.jpg

HUWW LAD!
what a belter!
Like it a lot....
Bet your chuffed to bits?
Looks posh as... :-)
Nice one pal, thx for sharing it.
Lata
Bri

Cheers Bri. Need to get the temperature control sorted this week as it's getting warmer. Luckily, the lads in the factory have a bit spare time this week so I'll get that done and the panels machined for my arcade machine.

Latest posts

Back